Kidspot comes through, big time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty close... give me some new fins, a different scooter and I'd be good to go! :) I think I'd need an 8 Gig card though :) So were you on a rebreather when this was taken or just saw them cruising by? Cool photo!! What kind of rebreather are they using?

Sean

My wife did 2 hours on a shoredive with a 63 and had 1100 pounds left. I think I had 100 pounds left in my 80 :) She probably doesn't need a rebreather for shore dives, strap her 100 on and she'll be good all day :)

But she's talking about that Inspiration a lot lately :(

Al, it sounds like you'll need the rebreather to keep up with her! :)

Sean

...By the end of this dive, I was confident enough on the scooter that I was ratching it up to the higher level to go retrieve one of the other divers...

Becky - you were doing great. Next dive I'll bet you'll be trying barrel rolls. They are quite addictive aren't they :wink: The only downside this trip was that we were all holding you back from just speeding away into the blue - lol (I was towing someone, and the other diver was on a slower scooter)

Guess you'll just have to plan on coming back soon!

Aloha, Tim

Pretty close... give me some new fins, a different scooter and I'd be good to go! :) I think I'd need an 8 Gig card though :) So were you on a rebreather when this was taken or just saw them cruising by? Cool photo!! What kind of rebreather are they using?

Sean

Draeger SCR -- and yea I'm on one too - taking up the rear. Never did buy one though. More pix of this dive @ Carth dive
We spent about 3 hrs out. Needed a bit :wink: of deco even with the nitrox. I can do 2 hrs on an 80 easy and have ~700 #'s left -- but that's above 40' or so. I don't see anyone doing 2 hrs on a 63 in 90' FSW. Rebreathers are great - but they are heavy out of the water and awkward in. More pre-dive prep too. On a longer tech dive like this one they are great. But for most shore dives an 80 lasts me til I'm chilled anyway. :D

M

I was surprised at how light the Inspiration was compared to a set of double 80's... I agree with you for a specific dive the RB is very worth it but for everyday diving an 80 is fine!! You don't need a RB to sneak up on Nudibranchs... just a good eye! I like all diving!!

Sean

I did the Draeger course a couple of years ago. Honestly I didn't care for it, the "chipmunk" cheeks was a pain :)

Tim,

I'm going to look into those X scooters. Now if the darn superferry would just work, I could come over more often and bring my own equipment.

Thanks, again! I had the best time ever!

We went snorkeling at Ulua today. I saw freshly hatched squid! So cool! I also saw a lizard fish nab a gobie (or blennie - I never get those straight). I got a "sort of picture of it".

The other really odd thing I saw was a trumpet fish snuggling up to a puffer fish. It just stayed with the puffer and rubbed up and touched it the entire time I watched it. It couldn't have been trying to benefit from the feeding of the puffer - it was eating algae. I didn't get a good photo of that so I can't post it.

Glad you got hooked on the Scooters ... they open up a whole new world of diving fun :)

Sounds like you had a good trip all around.

cya next time,

Tim

The other really odd thing I saw was a trumpet fish snuggling up to a puffer fish. It just stayed with the puffer and rubbed up and touched it the entire time I watched it. It couldn't have been trying to benefit from the feeding of the puffer - it was eating algae. I didn't get a good photo of that so I can't post it.
Lots of times what is going on is that the trumpet fish is using the other fish (or a diver) as a distraction to help it sneak up on its prey. A careless fish might look and just see the puffer and then the trumpetfish gets an easy meal.

Becky,
Oh I am so bummed (for me and husband) but glad you had a great trip. We were there Feb 15th through the 23rd but unfortunately came down with the creeping crud lung bug on the first day and were unable to dive for the entire time! We were going to get in touch with Kidspot but didnt want to expose him to our bug! We did a lot of snorkeling and went on the Spirit of Lahaina whale watch twice! We had several breach within 40 foot of the starboard side of the boat! It was spirtual! We will just have to amke another trip to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom