Kids scuba equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scaldwell

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
Wondering if anyone can help with suggestions for good snorkelling gear for 2 eight year old boys? I assume watertight snorkels would be a good idea unless there are safety reasons otherwise. Also, if anyone reading this is in the Toronto area, are there any good shops selling childrens gear?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stay away from Canadian Tire...get your boys to a scuba shop and fitted with proper masks, fins and snorkles. Sure, it will cost a bit more, but it's well worth it. My 10yr old son has good gear and is hooked on snorkelling. The cheap stuff will just frustrate the kids. Oh yeah...and teach them how to look after their gear too.
Randy...

Deep SEA Omni JR mask, Aqualung Impulse Dry snorkle if a dry snorkle is what you are after. After teaching kids how to scuba for over a year now I will offer this advice.

Don't be too concerned if they can clear a normal snorkle. You show them how and they do it. They have no fear and and are used to making a few mistakes along the way. Learn faster than you or I do.

Hallmac

I've got two eight year olds of my own and I want to get them into junior seals <----??? the children's diving program run by padi. Does anyone have an opinion on this or a suggestion on ways to get them ready?

weight_for_me once bubbled...
Stay away from Canadian Tire...get your boys to a scuba shop and fitted with proper masks, fins and snorkels. Sure, it will cost a bit more, but it's well worth it. My 10yr old son has good gear and is hooked on snorkelling. The cheap stuff will just frustrate the kids. Oh yeah...and teach them how to look after their gear too.
Randy...
My daughters first snorkeling experience was with a "rented" equipment at a water resort. Although the place was awesome we did have a bit of trouble with the gear and took two sets back and did the exchange thing before she got a set that worked half-way decently.
Of course, now she has her own equipment and even a shorty wetsuit to keep her comfy. Learned my lesson!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom