Kid friendly dive Charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lilly

Reaction score
My young daughter and I have recently received our c-card and been diving some cold dark spots in the north honing our skills. We are now thinking of taking a long weekend in Key Largo. I'm looking for a charter service that is good with kids and typically stay in areas that depth is less than 40ft. My daughter is a strong swimmer and takes her diving skills very seriously, and dosen't need any special treatment. We just don't want to get stuck on a cattle boat with a bunch of guys that just want to go deep. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lilly

The majority of the dive operations here in the Upper Keys and the Keys in general will have a set schedule that should indicate where they will be diving going on a given day. If you explain the dive profile of you and your daughter you shouldn't have a problem and should get the dives your looking for.

Most of the boats will be full this holiday weekend. When calling an operator you might want to ask them the max number of divers they place on their boats and the size of the vessel. This will give you a good idea of how packed the dive trip will or could be.

By the way if the last two days are any indication of how this weekend diving will be, it should be fantistic.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

If you are willing to drive another hour, Marathon might be a good option as most of the diving is rather shallow. Looe Key Marine Sanctuary is a great shallow dive.

Give Tilden's Scuba a call.

I dove with Ocean Divers a few years ago when ScubaKat11 had just turned 11 (the day after her birthday). They took us to Molasses Reef. Nice place... very shallow... lots of fire coral. You might also try Amy Slate and Capt Slate. I think they both do shallow dives.

My first choice would be to dive with Capt Gary...

Hey Gary,
If I wasn't doing O/W dives on the 10th & 11th, I'd be down there with DUDC.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom