Key West info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. My girlfriend and i got our open water cert a few months ago and are planning a dive trip to florida. We are staying in ft. lauderdale for part of it to see some friends but we had planed on looking at key west to do the diving. Can anyone suggest a place to stay or dive shop? Thanks for any advice =)

Nathan

Personally I think the diving in the rest of the Keys is much better than in Key West. However, I did like the Subtropic dive shop while there. If you want to party/drink on Duval St. though, Key West is the place to go.

It's not that the diving there is bad, but just that you can do better diving in Key largo and save 2 hours of driving, if diving is all you care about.

mike_s:
Personally I think the diving in the rest of the Keys is much better than in Key West. However, I did like the Subtropic dive shop while there. If you want to party/drink on Duval St. though, Key West is the place to go.

It's not that the diving there is bad, but just that you can do better diving in Key largo and save 2 hours of driving, if diving is all you care about.

the diving is the main reason we are going...do you know any good shops or places to stay in largo?

I would also say that if I had my choice to dive in the Keys it would be Islamorada, Marathon and Key Largo as my choices. Key West isn't all that great for diving. I have also dove off Seven Mile bridge area, but you need to know tidal info when you are doing that.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom