Key Largo,Where to go after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget Mrs. Mac's for breakfasts (or the little place above Sharkey's Bar/Ocean Divers)

The place that I was thinking of is called Hobo's. They were just getting ready to move locations when I was there in July. There new place will be on the east side of the HW, just south of there old location. Again I'm not sure about the mile marker but it isn't that hard to find. The food was really good and they had a great bar as well, it is a place where the locals go as well.

AZ Desert Diver:
The place that I was thinking of is called Hobo's. They were just getting ready to move locations when I was there in July. There new place will be on the east side of the HW, just south of there old location. Again I'm not sure about the mile marker but it isn't that hard to find. The food was really good and they had a great bar as well, it is a place where the locals go as well.

Ate at Hobo's last Friday night. Bar was busy and food fantastic. Had a Mrs Mac's burger for lunch the next day.

My 2 cents

Howard

Hobo's was about MM104 or so; Mrs. Mac's about 99. Both are AWESOME. Did Hobo's move yet?

I really really really miss the Nuthouse!!!

Haven't been to Mandalay since Mariner's Club gentrified it. Is it any good now? Used to be great for food and for live music.

Tugboat Annie's/Garden of Eatin' is incredible, anyone I've ever taken there loved it.

Breakfast at Harriet's is a tradition. Breakfast at the Hideout is awesome.

If you like sushi, don't miss Num Thai.

I love Crack'd Conch but you might think it is even too casual for the Keys. Many people like a cheeseburger in Paradise at the Paradise Pub.

Gilbert's at the Jewfish Creek Bridge is a lot of fun, has a tiki bar and live music, they've had Friday night all you can eat fish fries for decades (wonder if they still do?)

The Cuban American place just south of Gilbert's is excellent.

I sure hope the places I am recommending are still there!

the gooch:
Are you serious??? I would not even drive from Miami beach to Ft. Lauderdale to go out for drinks. Key Largo to Ft. Lauderdale would be hell.

Are you serious? I thought I was being blatantly not-serious.

Thalassamania:
Don't forget Mrs. Mac's for breakfasts (or the little place above Sharkey's Bar/Ocean Divers)

I new that Horizon Divers didn't sound correct on the location of Sharkey's, it is next to Ocean Divers.

evad:
Are you serious? I thought I was being blatantly not-serious.

Actually, it wasn't obvious...a smiley would have helped. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom