Key Largo trip w Desert Divers, Nov 13-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from my group trip from Key Largo. I was surprised that they were one instructor from the dive shop that I went with. We had between 9 to 13 divers, 2 rectification, 2 check-out dives, and another 2, but came on Sat. Ocean Divers didn't provided guided, so why did the dive shop only sent one instructor..However, Ocean Divers had safety diver on the Speigel and Duane Wreck dives. One guy took the leadership role cause he wants to be a divemaster. He did a good job, eventhough, we went on the wrong boat 3x out of 9 dives. I also felt I had to babysit some of the divers. Yes, I was a newbie once! Most of the divers have not done deep, currents, or use nitrox. One went to deco and one didn't look at his air. I finally had to give him my 2cents on the 3rd day. I was tried of him snagging my regulator cause he was using his arm to much. He also kept banging into me cause he didn't pay attention!
Most of the Ocean Divers crew was pleasant, except for Kim and Captain Tom. They were a little harass talking to us! Taking my fins off and holding on to the line 6ft from the ladder was a first for me, it's a safety issue. Of course, it didn't help when I almost aboard the Rainbow Reef's boat after diving the Benwood wreck, I had to put my fins back on. They were out of beers anyway. Captain Mike, Jake, and Arthur welcome me w open arms:cool2:. I love them! Christian came on the 3rd day to replace Arthur was also a charmer.
Key Largo reefs was amazing diving in the morning hours. The afternoon became glummy cause there was more boats in the area. The night dive was amazing. We played follow the leader w the sea life cause they led us to their friends one after :blinking:another, Goliath Grouper, turtle,octopus, eel, nurse shark, and than a lobster:wink:. I befriended a Goliath Grouper who stayed beside,behind, and underneath :confused:me. He ate my sea friends, 3 parrot fish and couple snappers. I have to come back to Key Largo again w my husband and not do a group trip. I met really nice friends in the group, but didn't like babysit or watch who will run into me next!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom