Key Largo trip w Desert Divers, Nov 13-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles below

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:cheerleader:Hi!
Someone has to stay behind and take care of the kids! I decided to signed up for the Key Largo trip w Desert Divers out of Tucson. I dove w them last year in San Carlos. They are a great fun group. I was a new diver and I didn't get certified by them,but they very welcoming! This will be my first time to Key Largo and hoping to use what I have learned to dive the wrecks. Also, my first time joining a dive group by myself. I hope i get a room mate so i don't have to pay a single supplements for the room.
I have to cross my fingers and hope for the best.
I have my master diver certification, but still need to fine tune my skills, so I'm glad I'm going with a group. I hope I get better on my navigation and practice my safety stop w my manual SMB. I'm so excited that I'm already packed except my essential. I even have my airport clothing laid out in the :wink:closet next to my luggage. I have to wear a dive shirt so they can find me and I hope the group will be wearing their company dive shirt. Well Happy and safe dive :blinking:everyone!

Wish I could go on that one.... not gonna be able to make it though. ;(

Adam

I believe we are diving w Ocean Divers in Key Largo. I looked at my dive logs and I have 8 deep dives, 4 was my advanced(120ft)in Bali and the others was fun dives in Kona and Kauai(85ft) so I should be able to dive the wrecks. I will probably use Nitrox for those dives and use air for the shallower dives. I'm sure they will limit us to 45mins for deep and 60mins for shallows:cool2:. For snacks, I hope we get water, fruits, and homemade cookies. I can't seem to find any information of what they provide. For the dives, we are doing reefs, Spiegel, and Duane. I haven't decided if I will opt for a night dives and afternoon dives. If the night dives was twilight +night dive for $85 :wink:I would do it. But, it looks like it's just one dive w that price.:confused:

All boats in KL offer water. Some also have juice packs. Many have cut fruit, usually oranges. Since trips are usually about 3.5 hours total, most don't include snacks but do gave a cooler with ice if you want to bring your own.
Night dives are 1 tank trips.
Dives are not usually guided, plan your dive, Dive your plan. Listen closely to the briefings. On your Deep dives stay within your training, watch your air consumption VERY closely, stay out of deco on your computer. Deep stops at half your max depth, slow ascents, and long safety stops.
Use gloves on the mooring lines for ascents & descents as these lines have razor clams & sometimes fishing hooks.
Water temp two days ago was 85deg on the Spiegel.

Hmm. I was under the impression that desert divers was out of business.

I just saw the:dork2: manifest and you're not going to Key Largo, either are Courtney and Rookie. I know there's a trip also going out to San Carlos, I just got back from there 2 weeks:D ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom