Key Largo Tank rental?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_C

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A buddy and I will be down in Key Largo later this month for a few days. We were thinking of taking off one afternoon to dive Canon Beach looking for sea horses, nudis, or whatever else we can find out there. We would need tanks and weights.

Where is a convenient place to rent tanks and weights in the Key Largo area? Just need 2-4 tanks. Not fussy as to whether AL or steel or whatever. No problem with a deposit or minimal return pressure requirement.

Thanks

You cannot throw a baseball in any direction without it passing over a dive shop in the Keys.
You have lots of options.

Chug
Thinks Aluminum is really only suitable for beer cans and tickle sticks.

Only a few of those many shops rent gear for use outside of their activities (boats, classes). As reef man mention, the on site dive shop probably does.

Shoot conchrandy & Coral Reef Park a PM here on SB and ask them.

As for what you will see:
My surprises have included dolphins playing in our bubbles a couple of times, a manatee, a 5 ft southern sting ray, a 7 ft nurse shark, an octopus.
Almost always lobsters, caseopia, crabs, lots of fish like sharpnosed ouffers, parrots, damsels, bristol worms. Sometimes eels, trumpetfish.
I haven't nudis or seahorses, but maybe missed them in low light viz.

Look for the WWII jeep from the D-day practice runs. It's just half a tire sticking up through the silt. Almost directly south of the big boy over the canons along the south wall.

Have fun.

Only a few of those many shops rent gear for use outside of their activities (boats, classes).

Who are the shops that WILL rent gear for use outside of their activities?

A buddy and I will be down in Key Largo later this month for a few days. We were thinking of taking off one afternoon to dive Canon Beach looking for sea horses, nudis, or whatever else we can find out there. We would need tanks and weights.

Where is a convenient place to rent tanks and weights in the Key Largo area? Just need 2-4 tanks. Not fussy as to whether AL or steel or whatever. No problem with a deposit or minimal return pressure requirement.

Thanks

Hi Steve, tanks available in Pennekamp Park at the dive shop. $9.50 ea plus tax and cc deposit

Best wishes
Randy

Perfect. I assume we can rent some weights also.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom