Key Largo or Key West - getting the 10 & 11 year olds qualified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having been to both. Largo and it’s easier shore diving for cert. West when ready for boat diving.

Thanks all for your responses. We've decided to heed your advice and have opted not to get them certified this year but to just enjoy our holiday splitting our time between Miami and the Keys with a spot of snorkelling thrown into the mix. I've made a note of the dive instructor recommendations and will revert to them if we return in a year or so. Many thanks Washy

...I have heard many good things about RR. You might want to send a message to @mselenaous regarding a recommendation for an instructor for young children.

I second the recommendation to call @mselenaous. She was my daughter's instructor, and was amazing, patient, and just great with kids. When your kids are ready for their first ocean dives, they'll be in the best of hands with Elena in Key Largo!

June

If you are going to travel all that distance in part to enable your children to be certified , the ideal place would be a place like Bon and Cur where there are calm protected house reefs where the dive training and open water dives can be done from shore and not from a boat with relatively long boat rides but that is just my two cents.

What about Kids Sea Camp??? They have lots of locations. We went to Curacao and Cayman. Awesome for kids and parents!

Thanks both, we're incredibly lazy in terms of connecting flights and the Dutch Antilles are a ball ache to get to from the UK though as we've never been I do still covet a visit there. Cayman is an easier commute as we can fly direct and we had an awesome time diving there 15 years ago, in fact we looked to go this Easter but flight costs were astronomical. I've never heard of Kids Sea Camp so will check it out. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom