Key Largo-Molasses Reef tower weather and sea conditions--up to the moment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
NDBC - Station MLRF1

Here is, I think the most useful site for deciding on a Key Largo dive today or not!! Wanna know sea state, water temperature, wind direction and speed--this is the site.

In general, winds from the southeast build waves up on the reef. So, there are things to learn to help interpret the data.

Now all the dive shops have access to the data, where in years past it was guesswork based on yesterdays trips and today's winds at the store.............

NDBC - Station MLRF1

Here is, I think the most useful site for deciding on a Key Largo dive today or not!! Wanna know sea state, water temperature, wind direction and speed--this is the site.

In general, winds from the southeast build waves up on the reef. So, there are things to learn to help interpret the data.

Now all the dive shops have access to the data, where in years past it was guesswork based on yesterdays trips and today's winds at the store.............

Thanks for the link Jim. :D One less thing I've got to do before I leave next week for Key Largo!

I used to use that site in 2005 when I was still living in Miami. It's incredibly useful, but normally we'd check it the morning of, so at that point it was a little late haha

Saved those on my computer and phone. Thanks guys!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom