Key Largo MM100 Parking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone,

Taking the family down to Key Largo in August and wanting to use one of the dive shops at MM 100. It sounds like any of the shops will be great to go diving with. Plus after the dive there is good restaurants.

I would like to know how hard it is to park if you don't stay in one of the hotels on the canal?
Does the dive shops have their own parking?
How hard is it to get your gear to the dive boat from your car?
If it cost to park, how much would it be?

After 3 trips to KL...MM100 area..I'd suggest..parking will NOT be an issue...:wink:. Yes..almost all the dive shops have more than ample parking available. I have been out with Ocean Divers..Rainbow Reef...Silent world...Horizon divers...and have never had an issue with parking. ( BIG fan of Horizon divers!!)

Have fun..and DON'T....pass up Key Lime pie and coffee at The Conch house!!

I second the conch house. If you are diving Horizon divers there is often time between the AM and PM dives to walk to conch house and grab a quick lunch. Let them know you are diving. Good for more than just Key Lime Pie. If you are diving with Ocean Divers then lunch at Sharkeys which is next to the boat. OD has a big parking lot.

For Horizon and Ocean Divers the boats are very close to parking and easy gear haul. Have not dove with Rainbow but seen their boat. Also looks close. Sea Dwellers is a bit further but still close. Note that unlike OD and Rainbow and Horizon, Sea Dwellers shop is not next to the boat. It is across the road. Convenient but not as convenient.

Note that not all leave at the same time. HD leaves at 9 AM. OD leaves at 8 AM. Depending on your crew, the 9 AM can be nice.

To use Sea Dwellers boat, park in the end of Holiday Inn lot near the boat and go--no problem. Their boarding might be the easiest of all!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom