Key Largo - Looking for Seasoned diver thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like most boats, RR has a cooler on the boat. If you pick up a Subway cold cut sandwich in the AM, you can throw it in the cooler and eat lunch at their picnic tables.

A few weeks ago, a kid was selling hotdogs and chili from the RR picnic tables too. Don't know if that was a one weekend deal or not

We should consider opening a restaurant there to serve gumbo between dives :thumb:

You could call it The Seasoned Diver.

Wow! All these great replies. Thanks! We went to RR a little over 2 years ago. But it was a shop here in Atl that took us and was just two days. Without a car, all we saw was RR, Hampton Inn, and some restaurant we walked to (about 200 ft from RR). (oh, and a really nice LDS pretty close) . This time we will be by ourselves and there for 4 days - hence why we were looking for suggestions. Also, we got a RR dive package - staying at Key West Inn. Looks like they have a kitchen so we could save a few bucks on some meals. We also purchased the unlimited Nitrox package. Finally, we are kicking around the idea of doing a Wreck cert while there. Not sure the funds will support it. But we will be in Cancun for 2 weeks in July and there are lots of wrecks there so would be nice to already be cert'ed then.

I'm not a big fan of Sharkey's. Noisy and the food is OK, but not that good.

I eat upstairs at the Galley, same kitchen, completely different crowd, more my style. The fish tacos are the best outside of San Diego and Baja. Several other good dishes, oyster specials... prices are modest.

We should consider opening a restaurant there to serve gumbo between dives :thumb:

A bowl of your Hot Spicy Cajun gumbo, shortly thereafter Followed by a 2 tank dive, not a great combo DIVA! Trust me,,,,

Reefman
Key largo

MEAT was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Quite an achievement for a Key Largo restaurant. Looked for the video - didn't find it but found this instead :)

Just returned from dinner tonight @ MEAT, excellent as usual. Trimmed down menu, wonderful beer selections, sevice efficient. Crowded, best on weeknights

Reefman

I love Doc's Diner for breakfast. I don't know how they do it but your breakfast comes out faster than the wait time at a McD's drive thru. Running late and meal at the table, I've had 3 eggs, hash browns, toast and coffee and been back out the door fully paid in 15 minutes with a 2nd styro cup of coffee to the boat in hand. Off the charts great sit down breakfast.

Excellent assessment, Dr bollini and his daughter Gina run a tight ship. Like yourself, many patrons are fishing, diving snorkeling and desire a quick, quality meal. Showed him your post @ the pool this AM, Doc appreciates the comments

Reefman
Key largo

A bowl of your Hot Spicy Cajun gumbo, shortly thereafter Followed by a 2 tank dive, not a great combo DIVA! Trust me,,,,

What do you mean "A BOWL"??? You eat 4 bowls! Anybody would have trouble after that :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom