Key Largo exposure suit help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last December, we dove in 3mm full suit. No problems with being cold. Also, mostly shallow reefs no deeper than 35 ft. Who you diving with?

The answer to the depth question:
The 74 degree temps were at 90 feet. That was on wrecks.
The reefs were warmer 78 degrees and shallow, varying from 5 to 40 feet.
Vis was zero to 25 feet depending on location and where the waves were breaking on the reef.

So basically the conditions were pretty bad I guess then Dive doggie ? Was there any place shallow that you can reccomend that was more pleasant than the others?
Thanks so much, Ed

usually the deeper wrecks like the Duane or Spiegel are nor affected by poor vis do to rough waves. last week the the sees were rought but the vis at the Speigel was exellent,the shallow reefs are another story. thats why Im doing a double dip on the Speigel this weekend.

es601:
So basically the conditions were pretty bad I guess then Dive doggie ? Was there any place shallow that you can reccomend that was more pleasant than the others?
Thanks so much, Ed
Ed,
There is a Florida Conch Divers section, under the North America Forum. The best advise would be from them, with recent observations. I did most of my dives off Key West. Most of the better reefs and wrecks are off Key Largo.

The conditions were unusual when I was there, with strong winds out of the east. Things may have changed since last week.

Even though the vis may be better, I don't think that it would be a good idea to dive on the Spiegel Grove at this stage with your son. There are threads in the Florida section about that too.

Good luck! Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom