key largo dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wizard once bubbled...
itsrob once bubbled...
I am also local to key largo, and I prefer dive-in.

Of course you prefer them, they pay your wages. Nice advertisment though. I don't reallly think all of the claims you make are quite true but that's just my .02.

:spank: That's funny! Thanks for the hoot....

Thanksfor pointing out oneof theonly issues I have with OBJECTIVE info on this board. Since some of the poeple who post here, specifically regarding South Florida, OBVIOUSLY work for specific dive shops, I think it would be really great if those people put that info in their signature line. I read here alot, and post every now and then, but there are some people who join the board, check once for help on picking a dive shop in Key Largo, and take the first advice they get. The blatant advertisements for a few shops (disguised as helpful advice) do these people no good. Not eveyone has the time to do three weeks of research, or search for EVERY post a person has posted to see of they have ever said anything bad or good about specific shops. What do people think? Is shop affiliation something the moderator should point out?

I have been researching a trip to FL for upcoming January for about a week now, and started to wonder about some of the posts (re. employees or operations). I guess one way would be to request further info. directly from the poster and ask specifically if they are affiliated w. any dive operation.

I don't know...I guess if I had an operation and wanted to promote my business or offer a service, I guess I'd be upfront and just say what I had to offer, then tell the person to ask around.
(Then I'd have my friends answer the posts and talk my business up!)

Guess I'll just have to keep researching and hope for the best outcome.

-John

Yeah, it would be nice if members who work for dive operators would include that in their Signature areas. I'd still want to hear from them, but only in that way!

You might want to complete your Profile info, too. I've dive the Upper and Middle Keys several times over a few trips with different operators, and I'd be glad to give you "this cowboy's opinion" - for whatever that could be worth. I need to know more about your training and experience, though, to offer real suggestions.

good luck, don

Don,
I think I sent you a direct msg.
Got the profile updated too. Forgot I had one actually - filled it out when I signed up and never paid it any mind.

Thanks,
John

I say Conch Republic ALLL THHEE WAYYYY woohoo... I really like that place, kinda small but its good if ur just on a family trip : )

I have been impressed with Divers City in Tavernier - not far from Key Largo. They put 10 divers on a boat that could haul 16. They also put a "safety diver" in the water.
They seem to attract a crowd that wants some of the deeper stuff, the wrecks Bibb, Duane, Grove etc.. These are all 100 ft+ unless you stay topside on the Grove. You may want to check in advance if those depths aren't your cup of tea.
By the way, no affiliation, just a retail customer.

Appreciate the info. I see you've been over our way a time or two @ Mt. Storm.

I didn't know Davis had a Best West. Never get over there...obviously. Get out to Canaan and BW Falls every now and again. Nice areas.

I'm looking forward to the Key Largo trip, but definitely see us taking some time "converting" over to the salt water world. Hopefully will be able to try a wreck or two after a few days of dives.

-J

I've recommended several dive shops/ dive ops in this forum. The people I have recommended here are people I use on a regular basis, not once a year, ever other year, or once upon a time! I work for none of the shops I have recommended, neither am I associated with them in any way other than on a consumer driven basis. That being said, if one is going to be diving in Key Largo or Tavernier, I recommend in this order, Blue Water Divers, Sea Dwellers, Conch Republic Divers and Divers City. These are the people I use on a monthly basis. Hope this info helps. :tree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom