Key largo dive center review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arew+4

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove with key largo dive center today. In as few words as possible,

Diving Your Way.

Their philosophy seemed to be, "You are a certified diver and we are not here to tell you what to do" They are there to give you as much space as you want, and as much help as you need. Unfortunately for us we needed some help today , rented kids bcs from shop closer to where we are staying and the oldest son's tank kept slipping out of his. Smokey the guide, was on top of it before I knew it and helped him out. My BC, circa 1990 started acting up on the first dive, causing me to surface early and alone. The captain diagnosed the problem before I had even contemplated it, and he and the guide would have had the spares and ability to fix it if it was not such a relic with an odd sized hose. As it was they did not stop me from doing the second dive with an " old school manual inflation system".

If we we're staying up in Largo we would be diving with them all week. Next time we are in Largo we will dive with them again.

They are a six pack operation on 34? foot boat. Plenty of room on clean well maintained boat. We chartered the boat because it was actually a couple bucks cheaper than paying for five.

We chartered the boat because it was actually a couple bucks cheaper than paying for five.

Sounds good. Good to know at what point chartering the boat made it a bit cheaper. How many dives/day did you have the option to do? What sites did you hit?

Richard.

We hit the Benwood, and then French. Vis was probably 40-50 on the first and a little better on the second. The break was at 5 divers, guessing it's probably difficult to fill the solo diver spot. Other six packs out there will tack on a tip when you chartered, like restaurants with a party of six or more. These guys do not, another plus in my book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom