Kentucky diving report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is a little outdated report but I finally got access to post this report.

I had the opportunity to meet CKHarlan, JBD and Bengalsmgmtsucks at Joe's Falling Rock Quarry in LaGrange the first weekend of June. First let me just say thanks to Chad, Jim and Phil for the hospitality. It is great having the opportunity to meet people from the board.

As far as the diving goes - I want my kelpbeds back!!

The first dive Chad, Jim and I did was short, sweet and COLD, at least from my standpoint. I sucked up my air pretty quick having not been wet in a couple of months and hitting a thermocline shortly after descending that almost frosted the wild thing.

Vis was I would guess between 5 to 10 feet. Did not see much marine life on the first dive but Jim managed to give us a pretty good tour of the other obstacles down under. When we returned to shore I had a little bluegill that thought my fin was food so he kept nibbling at my toes.

The second dive I would say was a little better. Being more acclimated to the chillier water we cruised the quarry. Came acroos the biggest bluegill I have ever laid eyes on and a fairly good size bass.

I wore my 2 piece 3 mil, the surface water temp was around 75 and at depth 50. Out max depth I believe was around 38 feet.

Again, thanks guys for letting me hookup with you, and keep in touch on future dives. I hopefully will be off work.

I forgot to tell you that I took some pics. They came out ok, and once I have access to scanning them I will post them so you can see the sights of the quarry.

you back on the boards again!! I wish you had joined us at Matha's Quarry. The water was warmer than the California temps you are used to. The fish are smaller than Falling Rock.

Cerulean Springs is in the works for August 10th & 11th. This would probably plenty warm enough for you. I have dove there in the summer in T-shirt and swim suit. Lots of big catfish. Would really like to see you there.

It was great to meet you and I hope we get to do it again soon.

Chad

JBD,

Sounds good to me, now if only I knew what my schedule will be for that time. Possibly I can request that weekend off. Where is Cerulean Springs?

I am sure I can bear the temp. You hillbillies have horse hide for skin so can put up with those temps a little more than someone with thin blood like me. After being around here for awhile I am sure I can adjust to the temps as well.

BTW,

Where is your dive report from your trip and Chad's? I was expecting to read great things about your trips when I finally got access.

all dive report posting to Chad. If your wondering when this happened Chad--just now with this post hehe.

Cerulean is near Princeton, Ky a little south of I-24.

Bengalsmgtsucks was there recently and says there is a circulating pump that mixes the water so its not cold like most quarries.

It was nice. The water was warm and we got to dive on a rock crusher that was a great simulation of a tech enviroment with out being a true over head.

What more do you want to know.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom