San Mateo coast diver seeking buddy for beach entry dives along beautiful calm coastline-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nauijim

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Lost my +10 yr scuba buddy and hard to find a new one to enjoy local beach entry dives along San Mateo coatline. I know the good calm entries with lots of kelp and fish and NO sharks around along with depths no greater than 50-80 ft max. Also we can crack urhins to try to recover undersea area to more kelp and abs but it will take 100's of urhins to make that happen.
Want to dive? email me jimilner@hotmail.com and lets meet and greet and see if local coastal dives are for you.--jim

Lost my +10 yr scuba buddy and hard to find a new one to enjoy local beach entry dives along San Mateo coatline. I know the good calm entries with lots of kelp and fish and NO sharks around along with depths no greater than 50-80 ft max. Also we can crack urhins to try to recover undersea area to more kelp and abs but it will take 100's of urhins to make that happen.
Want to dive? email me jimilner@hotmail.com and lets meet and greet and see if local coastal dives are for you.--jim
You might want to review the DFW rules about cracking or smashing urchins. There are only two sites in Northern California that allow urchin culling. One is Caspar Cove in Mendocino County and the other is Tankers Reef in Monterey County. Sonoma and Mendocino Counties have raised fhe recreational take limit to 40 gallons of whole urchins with no possession limit. All of that is for purple urchins only, no red or black urchins are included in any culling or harvesting special rules.
The rest of the state remains at 35 individual urchins.
Review the DFW laws for your area. They don’t mess around.

Back
Top Bottom