San Diego - A 9/11 I will never forget (pt 1)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks mate, great inspiration. I have two Ys-90's and after seeing your bounce flash stuff was thinking about using a dive slate, much like I would use a white card on land. The Light table stuff is insane!

Remember - light doesn't travel far in the water. You're still gonna have to get really close.

I've used the sand a number of times to light the underside of an Electric Ray or my buddy as she was cruising close to the sand.

On the shot below, I used a slate here to get that spooky reflection in her mask, while lighting up the underside of her as she was doing a reef-check survey.

Try stuff.... :eyebrow:

-Ken

Chica-Check-1200.jpg

Sounds to me like you got some BAD information. :wink:

Sorry to hear you missed the D. iris, but they evacuated just as fast as they arrived.

The total time of residence for the MASS HERD of iris was about 7 days.

[context] Big D Iris-palooza - La Jolla 9/3/10

-Mike

The parade rolled in and the parade rolled out with no trace left behind, except some yellow "do not cross" tape, some Andy Gumps, a few soda cups and a navanax goofing on my buddy.

Nice.

We had a great dive. LJS totaly impressed.

We were talking about it last night - I don't log my dives, so Chica was going back over her's. It was 2008 - Spring I think, when we last dived this place.

It has changed. So much for the better. I can't wait to get back. We may climb on that 2-dive Hogan on the Marissa on 10/16, and hang out for another dive at the shores on Sunday the 17th.

I'll let you know - it'd be good to have you take us around the place. I'll bring another scoot so the three of us can terrorize the cormorants and such.

:) :)

"you leavin?..."

-Ken

Awesome Ken, I love hearing your stories!
And the pictures....wow. Thank you for sharing them with us, very very nice!

Awesome shots Ken. I have 1 DS-125 strobe on my Canon 20d and am thinking of a second. Can you give some guidance on what power setting you generally use, aperature and shutter speed?

Thanks,

Greg

Back
Top Bottom