KEN'S COVID UPDATE #2 - I'M FREE!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was your bodies reaction to the inoculation?
Just to be nit-picky, it was an infusion (50-minute IV drip). No side effects at all and my lingering symptoms (runny nose) resolved within about 6 hours.
Is this a statement based in your experience?
I'm not sure what you mean by this but if you're referring to comment about "I'd hate to think what this would have been like if I HADN'T been vaccinated," as I thought the statement implies, pure conjecture. I have no idea how bad it would have been had I not been vaxxed since I am vaxxed and can only tell you what it was like from that perspective.

What was your bodies reaction to the inoculation? Is this a statement based in your experience?
I had covid and I just finished up getting the shots. My personal experience- My body's reaction from the second shot was 100000000x's worse than having covid. Literally, every symptom was worse than with covid. Not only were the symptoms worse, I can't even remember the last time I was this sick. The vaccine made me sicker than covid and any other illness I've ever had in the last 30+ years. I'm recovering from the vaccine that was supposed to help me fight off covid (which I've already had) lol. what a joke .

Choose wisely.

Different strokes for different folks. I had 2 Moderna and had no side effect other than a bit red around the shot points. Had booster shot of Pfizer last week. I thought it was a placebo. I saw the nurse drew the vaccine from clearly labeled Pfizer FE3590 vial.

Had 8 dive trips since last December with 14 Covid-19 tests and always tested negative. Knock on wood.

Different strokes for different folks. I had 2 Moderna and had no side effect other than a bit red around the shot points. Had booster shot of Pfizer last week. I thought it was a placebo. I saw the nurse drew the vaccine from clearly labeled Pfizer FE3590 vial.

Looks like you’re lucky. And I guess I’m unlucky…

Had covid, typical case. Tired, lost a couple flavors but not all, etc. Out for 2 weeks (really a week and a half but still a little draggy for a couple more weeks after I was through it)

First shot, kicked with a steel toed boot. Took the next day off. Really the issue was I didn't stay as hydrated as I should have. second day fine.

Second shot, kicked by someone wearing a pair of uggs. Half of what the first shot did. A draggy day, I remember worse hangovers.

Waiting on the 3rd shot. Aiming for early December in prep for the holiday travels. I'll be recovering from knee surgery at that time anyway so it won't really matter.

My biggest issue with both Covid and the shots was I lost the sense to stay hydrated. I knew I needed more water and the better I stayed hydrated the better I got over both of them.

Had covid, typical case. Tired, lost a couple flavors but not all, etc. Out for 2 weeks (really a week and a half but still a little draggy for a couple more weeks after I was through it)

First shot, kicked with a steel toed boot. Took the next day off. Really the issue was I didn't stay as hydrated as I should have. second day fine.

Second shot, kicked by someone wearing a pair of uggs. Half of what the first shot did. A draggy day, I remember worse hangovers.

Waiting on the 3rd shot. Aiming for early December in prep for the holiday travels. I'll be recovering from knee surgery at that time anyway so it won't really matter.

My biggest issue with both Covid and the shots was I lost the sense to stay hydrated. I knew I needed more water and the better I stayed hydrated the better I got over both of them.

Just like diving...stay hydrated. :) I've known quite a few divers who got bent and almost all of them were not hydrating enough.

I got the Moderna shots but had a slightly different reaction. The first was no big deal. The second kicked me in the you-know-what and I was down for a couple days.

I just got my booster yesterday (for Moderna, half the dose). I had some aches and we'll see what happens tonight, but so far, so good. I definitely did have what felt like a tension or dehydration headache this morning even though I drank a ton of water last night. I'm loading up on more water today and feeling better.

Stay hydrated!

- brett

Well, we thankfully have options, and one would hope you make the decision that is best. My dive buddy felt vaccination wasn't appropriate, and last week he died from COVID. It could have been a mild case had he chosen a different philosophy........

I'm angered every time I see the debates raging in the public.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I got a booster as soon as I could. I was originally Pfizer, and I was concerned about the waning effectiveness - got Moderna booster. I probably would have been OK w/out the booster, but I feel more secure with it. No ill effects from original shots, slightly fatigued the next day after the booster.

My anecdotal evidence: One of the dudes I play hoops is pretty sure he got COVID early in 2020 (no way to tell for sure). He's much younger, taller than me and generally can score if I end up guarding him on the block. Except now he seems to tire easily, cant keep the effort up, after some run, I can push him further from the basket. No reason a young dude like that cant out-stamina my old ass.

For me I would not want to risk getting COVID without vaccination.

are people getting vaccinated before covid after covid what are you all talking about

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom