Kelvins Grove May 06 Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good dive - vis poor. One layer was down to less than a foot, but it cleared up under 30 feet to 15 feet or so. Lots to see on this dive. These are the three best pictures. Still learning - anyone know what the two fish are? The red one was incredibly hard to spot. I was taking a picture of something a foot a way and didn't see it. My buddy picked it up. She also found the tiny fish in the sponge. The entrance to the sponge is about an inch wide so this guy is small. The giant nudis were everywhere, this is the best shot.

fishinspongeJPG.JPG

Nudi9.JPG

inplainsight.JPG

Very nice. Giant nudis are always impressive.

Bill.

This is one of my favourite local sites. Some amazing diving here.

Giant nudis are my favourite. :) They are so beautiful when they decide to go for a swim...wow.

Thanks all - I figured the giant nudi's had to be swimmers. There were none about in the same location just a few weeks ago. Somebody know what brings them up at this time of year. Guessing that they are coming up from the deeps for food, but this is a guess.

We had a pack(?) of seals just off shore on this dive but out of about 12 only two (that we saw) came for a visit the rest seemed to be shy staying about 50 yards away in a semi circle. Was really hoping to get some pics, but I only saw one and he was moving way too fast and was early in the dive when vis was only 5 or 6 feet.

swankenstein:
Decorated warbonnet. Last one= painted greenling.

Swankenstein beat me to it. He is correct

darnold where did you park?? The reason I have not been to this site in years is due to the resident parking restriction and their hatred towards divers in general. Great pics by the way. I'd love to dive here if anyone is up to it.

Les, parking there is a breeze! there is a parking lot right close to the site. all you have to do is take a quick trip to lions bay marina and pick up a parking pass for $5. The pass is valid all day, which is nice.

I'd be up for a dive here with you. what are you doing next thursday?

I did not know this. Thanks COW. I have to work next thurs an going camping fri,sat,sun. maybe the next week.
which side of the bay is best? I have only been once and we went to the right side. did not see much except for alot of brittle stars, sole, and sand. Must have just been that dive.
anyhoo I want to dive this long weekend. I have days off but work nights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom