Keep Alan Knappenburger in your thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sending thoughts of strength and wellness to Alan and family!

My thoughts and prayers to Alan and his family...

What a tragic event. I could not believe it last night when I first read the posts. Sending thoughts and prayers for Alan and his family.

I talked with Alan's wife , Bonnie today.
My wife ( the nurse) tracked down which hospital he was in.

He is banged up and down inside and out , top to bottom :shakehead:

On Sunday, His son Mark was driving and hit some black ice coming out of a McDonalds and lost control and went into the opposite lane where they hit a large SUV. The brunt of the impact went to Alan in the passenger seat. His son Joseph was in the back seat and he is messed up too. Marc had a concussion but was released.
They had to care flight Alan to St. Mary's in Rochester, Minnesota. ( that's a Mayo Clinic)

Bonnie has family pretty close to there (60 miles). She flew up on Monday.

Lets see...Alan is in ICU still due to : Concussion, fractured pelvis, 4 broken ribs on the right side and one on the left, collapsed lung/s, right shoulder is messed up ligaments tendons fractures too I think, His liver was split, I know there was more but that is as much as I remember. You know he has got to be cut up and black , blue and shades of green too. His son has a list of injuries too.
Alan has chest tubes in him and has short term memory problems but he is getting better.
They may be able to remove the tubes and move him out of ICU within the next day or so.

Of course, my family, friends, and I will be lifting up Alan and his entire family. God bless them with strength, healing, comfort, grace and compassion.
I know Frank is trying to make direct contact and others are doing the same thing. Is there any way we can get these messages here on SB to Alan's wife and family? Hearing how many folks are praying and pulling for them could be a great source of comfort. If there is anything that we TSD'ers can do, let's get it posted. I know I speak for all of us when I say we all stand ready to help in any way we can.
God bless,
Bill

Thanks for the update, Frank. You posted while I was writing. Great job! If you know of anything that is needed, don't hesitate, okay? And I had no idea Alan was conscious. Since that's the case, I wonder if he'd like hearing the comments and posts from his SB pals, too. Just a thought.

Man they're really banged up. I'm wishing the best for him and his family.

Just so y'all know, there are parallel threads on the Scubatoys Board as well. Everybody is pulling for Alan and his family.
Tom

Of course, my family, friends, and I will be lifting up Alan and his entire family. God bless them with strength, healing, comfort, grace and compassion.
I know Frank is trying to make direct contact and others are doing the same thing. Is there any way we can get these messages here on SB to Alan's wife and family? Hearing how many folks are praying and pulling for them could be a great source of comfort. If there is anything that we TSD'ers can do, let's get it posted. I know I speak for all of us when I say we all stand ready to help in any way we can.
God bless,
Bill

When I call Alan on the phone the first thing right off the bat I always ask is,
" hey... I need a large Pizza... do ya'll deliver?
Oh course I ask a bunch of people that it's just he knows who it is without even asking and usually has a snappy come back question.:lotsalove:

I told Bonnie the ask him "wheres my pizza ? " :D
Maybe in a day or two he'll deliver it or at least tell me when to expect it :wink:

Seriously though, I've been worthless the whole day thinking about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom