KBR closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoyden

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I was recommedning KBR to a friend at work and when we googled it we saw a notice that it was permanentl;y closed. But we alos saw links to dive trip planners still offering ot and listing 2023 rates. Can anyone confirm if it is open or closed and if closed, what happened? This was my favorite dive resort.

Thanks,

Jackie

@Hoyden

KBR has been closed for a while. It had fallen into disrepair several years ago... many better resorts in Lembeh to choose from.

I was there when David Doubilet shot his nudibranch special for Nat Geo. At the time it was a really good dive resort (the very first in Lembeh).

It closed permanently when the Covid pandemic started. The place was iconic for Lembeh Strait.

When ever people talk about KBR, my thought goes to my dive buddy, Casey Smith’s dad, Larry Smith.

When ever people talk about KBR, my thought goes to my dive buddy, Casey Smith’s dad, Larry Smith.

Without him maybe until now nobody ever knew about Lembeh Strait. And he completely innovated the way dive guides are trained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom