Kayak SCUBA\Freedive Seminar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goody1986

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Folks,
I would like to take a moment and invite you to a kayak scuba\freedive\spearfishing workshop that I am presenting. This free event is being hosted by East Coast Divers, located in Brookline, Massachusetts on January 30th at If you have ever been interested in kayak diving this is a great opportunity! I will go over the different types of kayaks you can use out on the water along with tips and techniques to make your dives safe and enjoyable. There will also be kayaks brought into the shop where you will be able to see, first hand, the rigging, equipment and design of these vessels. He will go over the different ways to get in and out of a kayak, necessary equipment and how to find remote reefs, shipwrecks and new destinations you never thought were so close. It’s time to get off the beach and start your adventure out at sea. We hope to see you there!
For additional information or RSVP check out this link.
https://www.facebook.com/events/939748946106596/
Best Wishes
Greg

Greg,

I'd love to go to that. Probably working but if not I'll go. I've always wondered how the hell people dive off a kayak. I'd be more interested in finding out about spearfishing in Massachusetts. I'm sure you will have a good turn out weather permitting.

Hey DD

I hope you are able to make it! Spearfishing in Mass is fantastic - not alot of people know it but it's a fantastic way to get dinner! Kayak diving is pretty easy to learn as well.

Best

Greg

Sounds interesting. Is there anyway besides face book I can get details and RSVP. I don't do Facebook and have no intentions of starting but, I would like to go.

Hey Guys,

No problem. Here's some info for ya

Join us at East Coast Divers for an entertaining, hands on and informative workshop on Kayak Diving with Greg Gaudreau. An Ocean Kayak Pro-Staffer and Board Member of the Massachusetts Freedivers, Greg will show you the ins and outs of diving out of a kayak. Greg was born and raised in Foxboro, Massachusetts and currently lives in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Greg grew up freshwater fishing on local ponds with his father starting at the age of 4. Since then he has been glued to the water. Once Greg turned about 8 he began freediving those lakes and ponds while his father was fishing down the banks. He always enjoyed fishing with his dad in the quiet ponds, but as Greg grew older, he began to want to target larger fish and more challenging waters. He turned his eyes towards the Sea.

With his new kayak in hand, Greg began to go offshore fishing, scuba diving and crab trapping. In addition he would run rivers and punch through rough ocean surf with his kayak. You name it - he does it. It so happens that a trick of Fate would bring Greg beneath the waters of the North Atlantic. He happened upon a spearfisherman one day...Greg was instantly entranced. He watched as these divers would hold their breath, dive beneath the surface of the water for up to several minutes, and return with a trophy sized fish.

Greg will go over the different types of kayaks you can use out on the water along with tips and techniques to make your dives safe and enjoyable. There will also be kayaks brought into the shop where you will be able to see, first hand, the rigging, equipment and design of these vessels. He will go over the different ways to get in and out of a kayak, necessary equipment and how to find remote reefs, shipwrecks and new destinations you never thought were so close. It’s time to get off the beach and start your adventure out at sea. We hope to see you there!

Unfortunately I have to work and can't make it. Like the duplicate thread under the North Eastern, I'd also love to see a video of this workshop if you can tape it.

We were not able to make a taping of it. However, due to the fact of a good amount of people wanted to see it we plan on doing it again with video.

I am very interested in this. I have multiple dives from a kayak in Rhode Island and Florida. Please let me know when you set up another event.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom