Freediving safety virtual presentation 7/15/2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Ted Harty to give a virtual presentation on Freediving and Dive Safety

Hosted by the History of Diving Museum on July 15th

With mini-lobster season around the corner, dive agencies and shops frequently focus on safety as a topic for education outreach. To help spread the word, the History of Diving Museum will be hosting a zoom session with Ted Harty on Wednesday, July 15th at 7pm as part of their monthly Immerse Yourself program.

Ted Harty left behind the world of offices to become a scuba instructor in 2005. A few years later his passion for the water expanded into freediving and from there, there was no looking back. He got involved in the competitive world of freediving and set records in 2011 and was the USA Freediving Team co-captain 2012, making his deepest dive to 279 feet! After competing for several years, Ted started Immersion Freediving with the goal of providing the most comprehensive freediving course in the USA. He has taught over a thousand students during his career and is recognized for his safe practices within the industry. During the Blue Wild Expo in 2018 Ted was honored with a $2,000 award for his work, which he immediately used to design and launch FreedivingSafety.com website. On the new platform he offers a free safety course with various modules. Upon the completion of the quizzes, the participant will receive discounts from several sponsors including the
History of Diving Museum.

Everyone says, “I’m fine, I don’t push myself, I know my limits, I’ve never had a problem.” That does not
mean you are immune to the risks. Ted has heard it all, his goal is to educate and help reduce fatalities. Hear more about his journey and how easy it is to be part of the solution.

The Museum and Ted will be co-hosting the presentation live through a private Zoom meeting. If you are interested in joining, email Community Outreach Coordinator Emily Kovacs at programs@divingmuseum.org or call the Museum at 305-664-9737 to receive the Zoom Meeting number and password. “Spaces” will be limited, so you must register to reserve your spot. We will stop taking reservations at 12:00 pm, July 15 or when there are 100 registered participants. The session will be recorded and posted on the HDM YouTube page.

The History of Diving Museum would like to thank July’s sponsor, long time Museum and Board Member Kristin Misso and her family. The Museum greatly appreciates their continued support for events, educational outreach and more!

The History of Diving Museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit located in Islamorada (MM83). It is a must see for
anyone traveling along Overseas Highway. Divers and non-divers alike are astonished by over 4,000 years of “man’s quest to explore under the sea.” Check out DivingMuseum.org to find out more, become a member or shop at the Museum Store.

Attachments

• 07.2020 IY Flyer Final.jpg
    07.2020 IY Flyer Final.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 98
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom