Kauai Diving In March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just info for side trips, book a Zodiac trip up the Na Pali coast. You must be in good shape, but it is very fun. I got some impressive pictures of the coastline and the spinner dolphins that happen to skirt our raft so close I could almost touch them. Also, if the weather is good, they are the only crafts that will take you into the sea caves, FUN TRIP, well worth it. Try to sit up front for view and pictures if you go. www.kauaiseatours.com. ps. you can't drink on this tour, but it is well worth it.

Ok, so I decided on doing a boat dive with Fathom Five on their 3-tank "premium" trip on the 18th. So far 1 other person is signed up for it. Sounds like a quality setup, the person was super friendly on the phone.

Hi: Fathom Five Boat Dives was execellent, Anthony Kuntz was our dive master who was also GREAT, we were just there Feb 22, 07. We did a 3 tank dive, my favorite was the Sheraton Caverns. Phone # is 1800 972-3078. From Susan and Jim Bohringer.

It just so happens I spoke with Anthony and I've booked a "Twilight Dive" with Fathom Five for the 16th. When I get back I'll let you all know how it went. Our plan is to rent our own gear for the rest of the week and check out the shore dives. Well, I'm leaving on a jet plane in less then 24 hours...I NEED TO PACK!!!

Well I'm back from Kauai, and I must say I had a wonderful time. On March 16th I dove with Fathom Five with Anthony being my DM and Charlie was the boat captain. We dove Sheraton Caverns twice. We did this because visibility at the other locations was pretty poor, but it was neat to see the same dive site in the day and then at night. I have to say that Fathom Five was a first class operation. Although I am new to diving I felt like I was being treated as an equal, not a newbie. As others have said on the board they treat you like a diver! Briefings were very good before the dives with what to look out for and how to handle the dive light, since this was my first night dive. We saw several turtles and more species of fish then I can list.

I also rented gear from the Fathom Five shop for one day. I dove Koloa Landing and Prince Kuhio Beach. Again my experience at the Fathom Five shop was great. Koloa Landing was ok, about 50 viz, again lots of fish, but it was pretty crowded with divers. Our second dive at Prince Kuhio was excellent. We were the only divers and we came across a turtle cleaning station. It was really amazing to see all the fish cleaning the turtles shells. The depth never got to be more then 30 ft at PK, so it was fun to be down for a long time. Also on the way back in I saw a Spotted Eagle Ray!

Anyway, to sum up, Fathom Five was great and so was Anthony, Charlie, and everyone else who worked at the shop. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to dive Kauai to work with them.

Again, thanks to everyone who participated in this thread!

I was in Kauai last October, dived with Bubbles Below and Fathom Five. Both were great, but Fathom Five spent a little more time finding sites with better vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom