Kauai diving in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999

Both my brother and I are bringing our families to Poipu Beach this July, 14 people in all! We have rented two large condos on the beach and plan on having one fabulous time.

My wife is AOW and passed her 50th dive mark this last weekend in her new Whites Fusion. My brother is a brand spankin’ new OW diver and is planning on diving with us on some of the easier dives. I also plan on taking one of my 10 year old nephews on a Discover Scuba and videotaping his whole experience.

My lovely bride and I have dived Kauai before but we missed the Niihau dive due to bad weather. We hope to get it in this trip but other than that, we plan on doing local boat dives and some shore diving at Koloa.

Are there steel 90’s or 100 tanks for rent or just the old standby AL80? It’s not a big issue but my brides SAC rate is a little better than mine and I want to maximize the dive time.

Did I say I love the diving on this island? Well, I do!:D

What days are you here?...we were thinking of trying out the Ferry...

Forget that...just saw they only go to Maui

Ahhh.. I would have been great! We will be there beginning the week of July 7th.

Aloha, Dave.

Glad you love diving Kauai as much as we do! If you make it to Koloa Landing, we've got a few new additions that might hopefully still be around when you arrive...Harlequin Shrimp and some cute frogfish, etc.

Our shop only uses 63's and 80's but I know that Fathom used to have 100's and probably still do so I would try them. But still come by and say "Aloha" when you guys are in Poipu...our shop is located in the heart of the Poipu Kai resort area, just off of Poipu Rd.

Aloha!

Aloha, Dave.

Glad you love diving Kauai as much as we do! If you make it to Koloa Landing, we've got a few new additions that might hopefully still be around when you arrive...Harlequin Shrimp and some cute frogfish, etc.

Our shop only uses 63's and 80's but I know that Fathom used to have 100's and probably still do so I would try them. But still come by and say "Aloha" when you guys are in Poipu...our shop is located in the heart of the Poipu Kai resort area, just off of Poipu Rd.

Aloha!

Ohh - Don't you fret now, I'll be visiting you as well!:D

Frogfish at Koloa! This you will have to show me.:wink:

Hey Dave...have you dove Tunnels Beach during your previous trips?

Aloha!
Always so awesome to read posts from those who have a love for the diving on Kauai! Koloa is a wonderful spot to get your feet wet with Discover Scuba. aascubagirl will take wonderful care of you there. Now pay careful attention to this next statement...

DO NOT under any circumstances MISS NIIHAU A SECOND TIME!! That is my subtle opinion.

I have been diving/leading dives here for almost 10 years in Hawaii and everytime I have the amazing opportunity to go to Niihau I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!! Truth be told I often dont sleep well cause I get so anxious. It is very unique and simply amazing amazing amazing amazing diving! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Hard to compare to Kauai or the other islands as it is so different. The chance to dive with the endangered Hawaiian monk seals is something everyone should have the chance to do. What an amazing-incredible-beautiful-and awe inspiring critter. Add all the other amazing things about Niihau and you just cant possibly come back without some life long diving memories.

Anyway, get a dive or two in prior to hitting Niihau to be 100% prepared for what I feel is the best diving in Hawaii (in my experience). I gotta be careful or I'll get a 1,000 pm's from instructors all over the state arguing with me :).

If I can personally help you with any information regarding your trip, plans, dive questions, etc. just let me know. In the meantime, lots of aloha from the islands.

We'll be looking foward to having back on island
Aquamankauai

Back
Top Bottom