Kauai diving in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha!

DO NOT under any circumstances MISS NIIHAU A SECOND TIME!! That is my subtle opinion.

Aquamankauai

Oh, don't worry, it is first and foremost on my list of must do dives. Thanks and Aloha!

The excitement is building! Only a few more days until I land on Kauai and start diving!

We land next Sunday around noon. Any issue in trying to get a quick shore dive in before nightfall, maybe Koloa Landing?

The excitement is building! Only a few more days until I land on Kauai and start diving!

We land next Sunday around noon. Any issue in trying to get a quick shore dive in before nightfall, maybe Koloa Landing?

Just make arrangements for whatever rental gear you'll need before arriving and remember that plane travel naturally dehydrates. So, if plan on diving right after arriving, drink LOTS of water en route and skip the alcohol.

Thanks Oren, I bring my own gear sans the tank and weights. I’m not much for drinking on the plane but thanks for the hydration reminder.

What I really would like to know is if Koloa Landing is a good late afternoon dive. I realize no one can predict the weather or conditions but more of a general consensus. Is it too crowded in the afternoon with students? That sort of thing.

Shouldn't be too crowded and it's pretty protected from the afternoon tradewinds. I believe that most classes would be in the morning.

You'll need good and recent directions to get there. (The roads got changed around in the area.) Entry is super easy, by California standards, and you can park on the unpaved lot right next to the water.

Best bet is to call Fathom Five and ask them about afternoon conditions!

I’m not to sure about late afternoon but my wife and I did a night dive at Koloa about a month ago with Aquatic Adventures. I think there was only one other dive operation there at the time so that wasn’t a factor and the conditions where good.. That was my first night dive and I must admit that I was a little apprehensive at first:confused: but once in the water that all went away with the help of a great guide. SO if you decide to go with night dive I would recommend Aquatic Adventures and if you happen to get Jordon as you your guide he has a little surprise for his guest:11:… Don’t worry it’s a good thing.:popcorn:

I’m not one for using guides too much as I videotape my dives. This means I can spend several minutes hovering over one subject hoping to get that special shot. Guides simply get bored waiting for me.

I plan on diving Koloa several times and getting in a few night dives as well.

Everyday is now booked for diving except for Thursday. My lovely bride wants to dive the Na Pali coast. Any suggestions?

Bubbles Below dives Na Pali/Mana Crack on Thursdays. We went in July last year and had a great time. Beware: it's another long, jarring boat ride, so best not to do it the day after Niihau to give your body a break. Of course, the topside scenery is just as great as the underwater scenery. Many great photo/video ops.

Aloha,

NH

That may work out fine. We are scheduled for Niihau on Tuesday, easy boat dives on Wednesday, and now Na Pali on Thursday. Good plan.

Any other SB's going to be there next week?

Back
Top Bottom