Katrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnDiver:
Actually, The Weather Channel just showed live feed from Burbon Street and it looked like a boarded-up Ghost Town. Guess looking down the barrel of a Cat. 5 can scare even the heartiest of partyers in the French Quarter.

7 people decided to stay in Grand Isle through the storm, if anyone else knows where that is, you know they just commited suicide.

dear lord- really- I know where that is- How do you know the people in question. I really hope they make it.

I know this sounds terrible, but after living for 7 years in Florida, I kinda miss the extreme weather now I am away from it all- although, typically, I am due to fly on Wednesday when the remnants of whatever makes it inland are due to be passing right overhead....maybe I will re-evaluate how much I miss the hurricane buzz.....

SuPrBuGmAn:
7 people decided to stay in Grand Isle through the storm, if anyone else knows where that is, you know they just commited suicide.

Scuba gear might come in handy, and a boat. We ain't in Kansas no more Todo.
Hope this sucker calms down once it (she) makes landfall.

God, don't we all hope it calms down and that things won't be as bad as predicted. If anyone really wants to stay dry they are more than welcome here in the desert.

We'll just keep everyone in our prayers.

munkispank:
dear lord- really- I know where that is- How do you know the people in question. I really hope they make it.

I don't know em. They just had a report on the news, they swapped the broadcast over to the LA affiliate on the station I was watching and they were reporting that the fire dept., sherrif's, nor the mayor could talk 7 people who remained on the island to leave.

I lived most of my short life in LA and vacationed in Grande Isle quite a bit :) Beautiful place at times, hopefully it'll still exist after this bit of a storm.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I lived most of my short life in LA and vacationed in Grande Isle quite a bit :) Beautiful place at times, hopefully it'll still exist after this bit of a storm.
I wouldn't count on that. Katrina looks pretty set to simply remove it from the map.

My family is all evacuated to Lafayette and Baton Rouge.. I hope to God that they will have a city and some homes to return to.

Please keep your fingers crossed and pray for them if you're into that kind of thing.

I'll leave with these words from Ken Ringle
Ken Ringle:
Yesterday morning the National Hurricane Center cleared its throat and upgraded Katrina to a Category 5 hurricane That, however, wasn't the center's most significant statement. The real news was the center's chilling declaration that, at 902 millibars of internal barometric pressure -- the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded in the Gulf of Mexico

Please keep us informed... may you all be safe.

Reports just in that the storm has made landfall in Grand Isle as a Cat 4.

47+ foot waves at the Mobile south buoy...
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom