Kaon and Lynx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just curious, didn't read anything about the Kaon until it was released but the Lynx has been advertised as coming (for a while) but is not yet available. Is there some issue preventing production on the Lynx? I'm very interested in this model in part as it will have the option of AI. Wil the Kaon have this option at any stage? Thank you.

You are in the same boat as I am. I will get a Lynx for recreational diving.

Just curious, didn't read anything about the Kaon until it was released but the Lynx has been advertised as coming (for a while) but is not yet available. Is there some issue preventing production on the Lynx? I'm very interested in this model in part as it will have the option of AI. Wil the Kaon have this option at any stage? Thank you.

The Lynx incorporates new features never before seen in any dive computer. These take some time. The estimated release date is late summer.

Eric Fattah

The Lynx incorporates new features never before seen in any dive computer. These take some time. The estimated release date is late summer.

Eric Fattah

Interesting, what features are you talking about besides the OLED screen, and the tap screen? IMHO, everything you have posted on your website makes the Lynx to be one of the top AI recreational dive computers. Don't wait too long because you are giving the competition more time to catch up.

Interesting, what features are you talking about besides the OLED screen, and the tap screen? IMHO, everything you have posted on your website makes the Lynx to be one of the top AI recreational dive computers. Don't wait too long because you are giving the competition more time to catch up.

The new features have not been advertised due to patent constraints.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Cool, I've been saving my pennies and looking forward to purchasing a Lynx for my Xmas present, can't wait looks perfect for my needs/wants.

The new features have not been advertised due to patent constraints.

Can't wait to see what the features are. I am looking to get something easier to use and more readable than my Suunto Vytec air integrated. Really like the looks of the Lynx/Kaon. I always carry a backup SPG so I may go with a Lynx initially and then add the air integration TX later. Would be great if I could use it on my Bonaire trip in March :wink:

Can't wait to see what the features are. I am looking to get something easier to use and more readable than my Suunto Vytec air integrated. Really like the looks of the Lynx/Kaon. I always carry a backup SPG so I may go with a Lynx initially and then add the air integration TX later. Would be great if I could use it on my Bonaire trip in March :wink:

Due to cost Im thinking exactly the same thing, Lynx first and then maybe transmitter providing the Lynx proves reliable etc. It's supposed to be released in Fall so you should be set in time for your March trip.

I certainly can hope! Although I see others are starting to release OLED screens as well. I really like the advanced menus of Liquivision but the price tag is steep. Have to see if it is released when they say and see what the reviews say. If it looks good - I can ask Santa for a really nice present!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom