Kansas City Dive Shps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PM sent

Have you actually seen the "shop" at frogman scuba?? Unless he's changed locations, he used to be in some lawn, seed and feed store up north!!:confused: :no :rofl3: I would not consider this to even be a dive shop, it more like some guy into diving who puts some OLD stuff on the shelf to call it a business for some big tax write off, so he can further his hobby!!!

On the Missouri side Skin-and-Scuba has been there a long time with quite a lot on hand to look at and try on. www.skinnscuba.com/ Also, Scuba Adventures in Gladstone has a big store, don't know there web address. In Lees Summit, TD Scuba has a small shop with all the basics, www.tdscuba.com

There are couple in Overland Park area that might be worth looking at. Never been to any of those.

Mark

I’m spoiled from dealing with Midwest Aquatics in Overland Park because of the great onsite pool to check out your new equipment in (plus the great people). It may be a long haul from St. Joe but worth a trip.

I have been to the shop and was a little freaked out at first, but after talking to them they can keep their overhead low and can get all there stuff new and they sell some stuff lower than I can get it on the net, and they have access to 2 different pools and will help me set up my equipment, as a newbie they didn't talk down to me at all and made me feel very comfortable. The only problem I have had is setting up a time to get down there and talk to them again, I am going wed night we will see how it goes.

I just noticed on another forum you mentioned something about finding other spots to dive. Near Eugene MO which isn't that far from you is a quarry many of us use, it's not accessable right now due to snow or I'd be there this weekend. Scuba Adventure in JC owns it, and customers of Columbia Scuba dive it with that shop. It's a private quarry so you need to make arrangements with those shops to dive there.

Hope to see you in person some day.

I met with Manfred at Frogman Scuba again last night. Being a newbe to the hobby but not a total idiot I liked the way he talked to me and told me about all of the features to his equipment. His shop is in the corner of a feed store but he can get you any of the equipment he carries brand new within a few weeks and lets just say his prices are very! competitive, I can't find a better price on the net. Being the blue collar person that I am I like someone who isn't trying to make a killing but just make a living at this. IMHO bringing new people into Scuba at a affordable price should be what its all about. If you get a chance and are interested in Mares products I would get in touch with Manfred at Frogman Scuba He has treated me very well. Hope to meet some of you through the Summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom