Kamaole I Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drschwartz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is my first time visiting Maui. I'm Advanced Certified with < 50 dives under my belt. I was wondering what recommendations folks might have re operators and sites to visit during my stay at Kamaole I Beach in Kihei.

TIA,
David

If you want to shore dive, Shaka Doug is "da man"!! For boat diving you'll want to catch a dive charter out of the Kihei boat ramp, which is just down S. Kihei road from Kam I. Most recommended operators around here are Ed Robinson's, Mike Severns, and B&B. Ed Robinson's also has a shop not too far from Kam I at the Kukui Mall (down from Starbucks).

The 3 dive operators listed by Dive Maven are all good, but their focus differs a bit.

B&B is the one most likely to have lots of other divers with <50 dive experience. They are my preferred boat when going out with either new divers, or divers that have been out of the water a while.

Mike Severns is very much critter / marine life / biology oriented. They also do quite a few dive sites that others don't go to. The find these via their side scan sonar, and through dives done by the Capt and mate while the customers have their SI.

Ed Robinson has two boats most days and offers some more aggressive diving than the other two.

All three operators are 12 passenger boats that normally dive as two DM-led groups of 6, that are roughly grouped by experience level.

Specific dive sites are chosen after discussions with divers onboard and based upon sea and wind conditions. The most common trip is a first dive out at Molokini and a 2nd dive back closer to shore.

============================

If you will be diving for multiple days, you should consider driving 50 minutes to Lahaina on one of the days, and taking a trip to Lanai. Extended Horizons is my preferred 12 passenger boat, and leaves from the Mala ramp. Bigger boats by Lahaina Divers (better for divers prone to sea sickness) leave from Lahaina harbor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom