Kamaaina diver dives like mainlander

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I dived this morning with SOckmOnk3y (Eric) in Puako. For a local guy, he sure reminded me of my mainland buddies. You should have seen us here on the Big Island in our dry suits with our doubles and long hoses. Even more like a cold-water-fish out of water, we must have been a sight to see, frog-kicking along the reef.

[ERIC GIVING THE CAMERA LOCAL, NON-DIR, SIGN]
Eric_01.jpg

It seemed that even the humuhumunukunukuapuaa were doing double takes. You can see the look of horror on this honu's face.
Eric_03_turtle.jpg

Conditions were perfect. No wind, the swell was down and the tide was up, so entrance and exit were a breeze.

Eric was a pleasure to dive with! Like all the DIR/UTD trained divers from Puget Sound, you can count on excellence in skills and equipment. And, as usual, a heck of a nice guy, too.

Thanks Eric for making this visitor feel like... Well, just like diving at home! :D
Eric_02.jpg

[ERIC FROGGING ON THE REEF]

Eric is a super nice guy, and we all miss him. I am so glad you hooked up with him, Rick.

Rick he is telling you to switch regs!

Here on Oahu we actually modify the reg switch hand gesture to use the index and little finger instead of the thumb and the little finger to avoid confusion since so many divers use the shaka underwater.

And who says there are no area specific DIR rules!

Rick... thanks for the kind words. What a way to start off my Big Island residency!

Thanks for the underwater tour and a great way to start off my work day. You're easy to dive with... and a ridiculously nice guy as well.

-Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom