K14 Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moses

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Does anyone have any documentation on a Bauer K14 compressor with a chain oil pump transmission? On the Bauer website, you can only find parts catalogs, and even for this model, you can't see the part numbers. I am therefore looking for any documentation relating to this compressor (user manual, period brochures, etc.). Attached is a photo.
Thanks for answer.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 34
Here you go....
should you ever require any replacement parts for this vintage unit, I have them.

Attachments

• K14&K14-85 1965-1975.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
Thank you very much Oldairdude, your spare parts list is already more complete than that of the Bauer site. However I see that the K14s from 1965 to 1975 are equipped with a cooling turbine, while mine is equipped with an aluminum alloy fan. Could this be a more recent version? Between 1975 and 1978? Because from 1978 the fan blades are made of synthetic materials. On the internet I can't find anywhere the same model as mine. Thanks again for the spare parts list.

Attachments

• Hélice.jpg
    Hélice.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 25
So I found in my archives, a version with aluminum blades, but it was generally utilized with the newer intercoolers, not the older wound cluster group. Not sure how yours came to be, but it most likely utilized this flywheel shown here. Someone may have had a reason to change it from the turbine design before you got it, or it could have been done by Bauer. I have never seen this combination before.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 20240826120754101.pdf
    68.4 KB · Views: 36
The sheet H04b applies to units built from 1/75 thru 6/75. A short window…prior to that date, it had a turbine wheel design. See new attachment.
After that date, the K14 changed significantly with the intercoolers and flywheel along with fan blades made from plastic. Do you have an issue?

Attachments

• O4b.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 23
Thank you very much, this is very interesting, you have valuable documentation. I know a little more about the year of construction and the model variant of K14. Many thanks again to you Oldairdude for your kindness and patience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom