Just returned from Key Largo...Comments!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just got back to cold and cloudy KC last night....I miss the Keys already!
I dove this trip with the folks over at It's A Dive located at the Marriott Resort. Dove twice on Satuday and four times on Sunday and I cannot begin to say enough good stuff about the whole bunch of them.
From the moment I walked in everyone made us feel as welcome as could be. The young lady I was diving with forgot her C-card, they handled that within a few moments, showed us where to put our gear on the boat and what cylinders to use. Got me a great cup of coffee as well!
I never show my instructors card unlesss I have students with me. My old open water card works just fine. I don't ask or expect special treatment.
There were several students on boat with their instructor and in my opinon they were very well briefed and taken care of.
I had asked to go to some shallow reefs as my dive buddy was very inexperieced and wanted to take it easy till she got more comfortable. We went to the following sites.
City of Washington, Mikes Wreck,Christmas Tree Cove, Winch Hole, Benwood Wreck, Promise or Anything.
There were more varities of fish around that you could count, several turtles, stingrays, small nurse sharks and even a lemon shark or two.
All trips went off without a hitch and the Captains and DM's were informative, helpful and entertaining the entire time. I highly recommend this bunch! I will definatley be diving with them again when I return in May.

OWIC647,

I'm a KC transplant to SE FL! I caught the bug and stayed. I lived in Overland Park until last January when I picked up for good.

I do most of my weekly diving off Miami, but I do get down to Largo once a month to dive the wrecks. The Keys are a great resource, and I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy them. You gotta love the layed back attitude and friendly service.

Go Chief's!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom