Just returned from Captain Dons (Bonaire)...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CLEAR BLUE:
We were in Bonaire in the beginning of November and were eating dinner at Captain Don's on Monday night. All of a sudden - there he was. Apparently he comes every Monday night I think from 6p to 7p. He walks around and talks with the guests, poses for pictures. etc.

Who? Captain Don? Or Chris?

I am pretty sure that Don Stewart is more of a figure-head at that resort now. Jack Chalk is the General Manager. I find it hard to judge a resort on one person's experiences. However I did a search on Google and it seems that there are tons of complaints about this particular resort, most common is rude staff.

herman:
Welcome to the board.

Sorry about staff problems,thats far from the norm on Bonaire. One of the highlights of every trip I take is seeing the staff at Buddy again, Wannadivebonaire also. If you are interested in letting Capt Don know, come over to the Bonaire board, look up Capt Don and email him. He is an active member on the board. Somehow that does not seem like something he would tolerate.

I was eating at Rum Runners last week and approached a gentleman whom I've seen there before..he use to be the photo pro...but they dont have a photo shop anymore...anyways...I was going to pay him extremely well to go diving with my buddy and I and just take pictures of us gearing up, getting in, and ofcourse in the water....the plan was to meet him around 8am in the diveshop the next day and he would let us know if he could go out diving with us somewhere. We'll he said he was busy and couldnt and then this lady walks in...it sounds like the wife everyone is speaking of...he asks her if she would take pictures on a private photo shoot...keep in mind I'm standing right there...and she looked at him and said no...it was a very sarcastic/annoyed....no way in hell im doing that 'no'. I thought that was extremely tacky and just in poor taste.

I wasnt even staying there and I had a bad customer service experience.

The problem with Capt Don's Habitat...is that its Capt Don's Habitat....it was the first and the most popular and is recognizable all over the world. As the Buddy Dives, Divi's new all inclusive resort coming soon, and the other major players continue to evolve with their customer service...then and only then will Capt. Don's be forced to change as the numbers drop. Just dont stay there.

We had a problem with Chris as well. We will never go back to Captain Don's because of that guy again.

Tetrix,

Can you clarify what went wron at Capt. Dons?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom