Just pulled up a bunch of plastic edging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd go with the chopsaw idea too. Use someone else's though because the blade may not like it. Mine cut up a uvpc conservatory frame small enough to go in my car but it killed the blade in the process. Try the sawzall though by all means, especially since you've already got it. May need to trap the edging in between 2 bits timber to stop it flapping.

I do have a Sawzall. How would you do it? Would you hold the material tight against the edge of a table? Don't you think the other end would flap around like no tomorrow?
I would put a short piece of 2x4 on it, sandwiched as; 2x4/plastic edging/workbench. Line up the edge of the 2x4 with the edge of the bench and cut right along it.

I do have a Sawzall. How would you do it? Would you hold the material tight against the edge of a table? Don't you think the other end would flap around like no tomorrow?

I would probably just fold it over to make a loop, step on it and go to town. With that said, you should know, I have a long history of injuring myself with home projects. I just don't have the patience. Fortunately for my buddy, I'm much more methodical when it comes to diving. :D

@James79's idea really is much better. Also, if you have a metal blade (=small teeth) you'll get a lot less snagging and jerking.

If you are trying to use what you have (sawzall). Put he short end on what you have, sawhorse, deck, whatever, and clamp it down with something on top. Leave the long side hanging out. The length and weight of the long side will make is less likely to flap all over the place. Cut close to the clamping edge with a the finest sawzall blade you have.

I used to have that stuff (looks like Black Diamond) and I've chopped it a few ways over the years as I've yanked it out.

1. box cutter/razor knife - can be done, not fun
2. sawsall - works but hard to control as the tpi causes lots of bouncing
3. hacksaw - worked almost the best
4. jigsaw - worked the best

I used to have that stuff (looks like Black Diamond) and I've chopped it a few ways over the years as I've yanked it out.

jigsaw - worked the best

Oscillating, non-oscillating, or in-between?

I'd think one end over the curb and cut.... LOL

It seems to be a pretty stiff material so I don't think it would flap around. And since you already have the sawzall it doesn't hurt to try

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom