Just pulled up a bunch of plastic edging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sawzall will chew up anything (as the name implies) with the appropriate blade. I demoed a jacuzzi and cut up steel scuba tanks with one..

When I got rid of mine I used tin snips. The bulb is a bit tough but you should be able to break it down without much trouble. I cut about 10’ of the stuff into pieces small enough to fit into the trash.

Erik

Oscillating, non-oscillating, or in-between?

Doesn't matter which mode as much as a rather coarse blade. Also don't run the blade at high speed or the plastic will melt, gum up the blade and actually meld back together behind blade!

Stupid question, but do you have to put it in a can? Around here, things can be tied in manageable bundles. You could roll it (that is how it came) or fold (stomp/squish), and tie it.....

So, how did you do it.

Stupid question, but do you have to put it in a can? Around here, things can be tied in manageable bundles. You could roll it (that is how it came) or fold (stomp/squish), and tie it.....
Maybe just roll it up in a compound bucket?

I can’t speak to @Snoweman ’s situation but, where I live, it all has to go into town approved trash bags unless you have curbside pickup through a private company (ie Waste Management). Or, wait until there is a special hard plastic drop off at the dump.

I can’t speak to @Snoweman ’s situation but, where I live, it all has to go into town approved trash bags unless you have curbside pickup through a private company (ie Waste Management). Or, wait until there is a special hard plastic drop off at the dump.
Eww.

We just pile it by the curb, they come by with a claw truck and grab it all.

Upto a certain amount. Something like the pile can't be larger than 4x4x4. Larger than that they leave a note saying they'll due it for a fee and to call them.

No hazardous waste, but all else is a go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom