Just picked up some DAN 02 Bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aviator is not as.. dry as medical grade correct?
The opposite...

1642175824067.png

I have had great success with filling both medical (I have a prescription) and aviator with Airgas. The man told me there is no difference between medical and aviators except the paperwork for traceability. They come off the same tap. As for the prescription, I simply went to my doctor explained that we dive in areas that aren't 'medical' friendly and would like a prescription. Done.

Good luck and safe diving.

I have been looking but have not yet come across anything that jives with what you have stated for RI. Perhaps you can provide a citation to put me/us on the right path?

-Z

I charge for legal research. It's there in a wierd spot. I even know someone in the government trying to get it changed for divers as it is a important first aid for the worst injuries we can get.

You might also want to try a medical supply place. I would imagine turn around would be on the order of weeks, but it might be possible if everything else fails.

Getting anything directly from Airgas is going to be completely dependent on the competency of the person you are talking to, and not related to regulations in any shape or form. I used one for a while with no issues, then showed up one day with my medical tanks to fill and was told they would only fill them for Doctors. I asked if he meant a prescription, but no. Doctors only. I looked over my shoulder for the line of ER docs getting the hospitals tanks filled, but surprisingly, there weren't any.

Went to the Airgas 15 miles away and had no problems. They also sold me some "diver grade" helium. Which is like any other 99.999% helium, but more expensive.

I might try there first. If I can get medical over aviator why not.

Funny thing is there is one near my work but I was under the impression they only sold welding gas's.

Aviator is not as.. dry as medical grade correct?
They may only sell welding gas at that store. The store I use sells oxygen only. The Airgas store I provide info on is from the Airgas web site for oxygen sales.

I charge for legal research. It's there in a wierd spot. I even know someone in the government trying to get it changed for divers as it is a important first aid for the worst injuries we can get.

Now your just being an ass. You brought it up and your not willing to provide a citation, seems to be a violation of forum standards.

-Z

Now your just being an ass. You brought it up and your not willing to provide a citation, seems to be a violation of forum standards.

-Z

Think what you like, or go ask another attorney to do your legal research for free and see what you get for an answer.

Back
Top Bottom