Just picked up my new Atomic Regs!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rboyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
WOW are they good looking and light weight regs!! I can't wait to get them wet!! I bought the ST1 for me and the Z2X (sealed) for the wife. We are going to Roatan for 2 weeks. We are leaving this Sat, so when we get back you will get my full thoughts on them!
So far they look very friendly for cleaning and coming apart is a snap! I thought they was going to come with a reg bag but I guess not..Oh well had a couple anyway. If anyone has any insight feel free to chime in on what you think of yours.....

congrats! I just purchased myself a B2 and an SS1 and i can't wit for them to come in as well. I'm going to Costa Rica in a couple weeks! i'll be reporting back what I think as well.

I'm extremely pleased with my T2 (since converted to a T2x) and Ti SS1. I set mine up with MiFlex hoses, so the whole package is extremely lightweight and easy to deal with. My previous reg was a Sherwood with an octo and standard hoses. Back then, I used to have to wrestle it into my reg bag. Now I can literally do it one-handed with plenty of room to spare.

I think the T2 series is the only Atomic reg that comes with a bag, but if you're really into it you could buy one as a separate accessory. I store my reg in it at home, but when I travel I use the reg bag that came with my Akona carry-on roller bag since it's made to fit the carry-on's external pocket.

There are lots of great choices for gear out there, but Atomic's always at the top of my list.

Have a great trip!

Good choice. I own B2 (2 yr old, the swivel makes it leagues above my previous reg - love it) and recently added a Z2 octo.
Have an awesome trip!

Last edited:
Hopefully the dive shop briefed you about the proper way to rinse your new Atomic regs so that you don't introduce water up the hose from the 2nd stage to the 1st stage, ie don't throw them in the rinse bucket.
Congratulations on your new purchase. You will love them.
Larry

Back
Top Bottom