Just Ordered a new Drysuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just a few days ago, I ordered a Fourth Element Argonaut drysuit. I was Biomapped at DEMA last Nov. Hoping that I can get a decent fitting suit with little drag, but durability. Unfortunately, my 2 TLS 350's just have not held up the way I would have hoped. I am constantly fixing leaks. I opted for the full Flex- style material. My other choice was the Hybrid (Kevlar upper & Flex lower parts). The Kevlar just looked rather clunky, bulky & heavy to me. I could be totally wrong. I am looking for a suit that is more streamlined, without sacrificing mobility & DRY (big one). Now the hard part,.... the wait... Will be about 10 weeks lead time..... Tick, tock..... Tick, tock.... :)

Just got a call from Fourth Element.... Based upon the measurements of me taken by their Biomapping program at DEMA, I have to go with a full custom (tried to tell them when I placed the order,.... but they though they could do a semi custom). I am of such weird proportions, that when I had custom DUI suits made, DUI called back a few times to confirm the measurements. :D

So last year I ordered a Fourth Element Kevlar as my first ever Drysuit. Mine ended up being a semi custom. I can't comment of how better or worse it was than others because this is my only experience. Mine took 12 weeks inc shipping to Dubai. Fourth Element kept me in the loop and answered loads of questions from me. They were great.

I'm not in love with my dry suit only because its like learning to dive again, but I can't fault the company

I doubt, I'll have any troubles adjusting to the suit, as I have been drysuit diving for about 9 yrs & have 800- 900 drysuit dives to date. Fourth Element quoted me a lead time on the suit of 8- 10 weeks to get to me. The only 1 question I have for them & will ask when I can, is what weight undergarments do they measure to? That was never asked on their order form. My heaviest undergarment is about 450gm. As I occasionally dive in 42 degree F (5.6 dgrees C). Most of the time, though, I dive 70 degrees F (21 degrees C) or warmer.

I've just picked up the text from the FE website: "Argonaut drysuit is sized to allow the wearer to wear a Halo 3D undersuit with a baselayer such as the J2 or Drybase."

Yes, I called them the other day,.. after a long talk about why I had to go to a custom (I knew I would before I even ordered it),... I was finally told what it would take for insulation. My heaviest undergarment is comparable to their Arctic undergarments & would work.

Keep us posted on how you like it. I've been looking into one for awhile and decided to stick it out with my santi for another year, its starting to show its age, still no major leaks besides having the boots done.

Anyways, I'm very interested in the 4th element suits. Nobody I know has one nor have I seen one in person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom