Just moved to Rhode Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selchie in LB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Divers I just moved to RI. Looking forward to diving RI & reasonable distances to CT & MA. I haven't checked out Giant Stride or the shop in Jamestown yet. I'm spoiled been doing lots of boat dives in So Cal before this move.

Shout out to Afterdark & Porgyhunter. We spoke about 4 years ago when I was visiting. I have my gear now.

I created a Facebook group RI Diver's Exchange patterned after a group in So Cal. The page is for divers selling gear or posting scuba related stuff. It's a useful tool to reach local divers and not hassle with PayPal or shipping, unless you want to. It worked for me & others in So Cal. I think I set it up to be open, i.e. anyone can join. I realize we are not as vast a group as CA, but I know other divers are out there.

under water some where

If you're in need of a dive buddy for open water this July, shoot me a message. I haven't dove around RI much and am trying to get more acclimated before I finish my divemaster class, so I'd like to get out into the water as much as possible.

Giant Stride runs some shore dives with their divemasters and wreck dives. Check out the calendar page on their website for those.

Hello,

I'm one of the DiveMasters leading shore dives for Giant Stride Dive Shop in Warwick. Check out the Calendar of Events for shore dives, in bay charter dives and offshore and technical charters as well. Looking forward to having you join us!

Hey Divers I just moved to RI. Looking forward to diving RI & reasonable distances to CT & MA. I haven't checked out Giant Stride or the shop in Jamestown yet. I'm spoiled been doing lots of boat dives in So Cal before this move.

Shout out to Afterdark & Porgyhunter. We spoke about 4 years ago when I was visiting. I have my gear now.

I created a Facebook group RI Diver's Exchange patterned after a group in So Cal. The page is for divers selling gear or posting scuba related stuff. It's a useful tool to reach local divers and not hassle with PayPal or shipping, unless you want to. It worked for me & others in So Cal. I think I set it up to be open, i.e. anyone can join. I realize we are not as vast a group as CA, but I know other divers are out there.

under water some where

Did you forget about me? We don't have to dive Hazard Av :wink: I just dove Potter Cove Jamestown got a bunch of Quahogs. PM me.

I just moved to RI as well. If anyone out there is looking to add to their dive buddy collection, let me know!

I'm shooting for Sunday the 27th, do a dive or two PM me if you're interested. Probably Newport.
Ditto for you Shelie in LB

Hey Shelie....Glad you are still at it.. Boat issues,2 jobs and Grandkids have kept me dry so far this summer....Still got a some summer and a good fall though!!!

Right on Porgy. I'm diving dry now so late fall shouldn't be an issue.

under water some where

Right on Porgy. I'm diving dry now so late fall shouldn't be an issue.

under water some where

Diving Sunday Selchie, contact me if interested.

I am diver from MA who has been doing all his diving in the warm water of Florida, but I just got my son certified and would like to keep him diving. I hear that there are some dive sites in RI that aren't bitter cold like the MA sites I've tried (temps in the mid-60's?), and I am looking for some divers with knowledge of the area that could show us the ropes for diving RI. Also, does anyone have any info on boat charters out to Block Island? I hear that vis there can be pretty good this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom