Just moved to Rhode Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next weekend should work for me.
Selchie, are you in?

Just checked the tides and high tide is 7:01AM. Are you planning an early morning dive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I work Friday night/Sat until 7:30 AM Sat, so Sat is out. Looks like Sunday about 7AM meet 8AM dive, best I can do.

I could do a Sunday dive. This Sunday Aug 3 or next the 10th?

under water some where

Even better

under water some where

If you want to try a North Shore dive, I'm diving Cathedral Rocks Sunday morning.

Got your PM no problems. I am solo frogman! More quahogs for me!

Cathedral Rocks, dived there many times mostly at night. I can only dive Cathedral Rocks these days if I hire a man servant to carry my gear down the rocks and help me into and out of the water. I was there 4 years ago now; I was helped out of the water by a couple girls checking out the site. My knees were swollen for 3 days! I can't climb with that kind of weight anymore, Thanks for asking though.

Folly Cove was hard enough last time those round smooth rocks are murder on my knees! I'm a back beach diver these days.

---------- Post added August 2nd, 2014 at 07:36 PM ----------

Dive 2036 Solo Sat. 8-2-14 Potter Cove Jamestown RI Rain, overcast 1'-2' chop, light surge rare for Potter Cove, vis was a mostly clear 10' not bad temp 68F. What was bad was that the area had been gone over pretty well by the rakers. Holes where quahogs were, were every where but not many left.
Two weeks ago I got about 40lbs there, today maybe 10lbs no more. I tried, with a 1.5hr bot time and total time of 2hrs, my wife was getting worried. Max depth 12' I never hit the channel which was probably just as well because I missed most of the slack tide, the current is strong in that channel. I did my nav and S & R for the AOW in that channel it was ripping. Used 2000psi of 21% from my 50cuft ID's. Yall didn't miss much!

Last edited:
[/COLOR]Dive 2036 Solo Sat. 8-2-14 Potter Cove Jamestown RI Rain, overcast 1'-2' chop, light surge rare for Potter Cove, vis was a mostly clear 10' not bad temp 68F. What was bad was that the area had been gone over pretty well by the rakers. Holes where quahogs were, were every where but not many left.
Two weeks ago I got about 40lbs there, today maybe 10lbs no more. I tried, with a 1.5hr bot time and total time of 2hrs, my wife was getting worried. Max depth 12' I never hit the channel which was probably just as well because I missed most of the slack tide, the current is strong in that channel. I did my nav and S & R for the AOW in that channel it was ripping. Used 2000psi of 21% from my 50cuft ID's. Yall didn't miss much!

Thanks for the update. I would have enjoyed 10' viz!

under water some where

Thanks for the update. I would have enjoyed 10' viz!

under water some where

Stand-by I'll be trying again in the Fall probably Oct before they bury themselves deeper in the bottom for the winter. The vis there is usually not too bad, nothing to see but spider crabs, broken shells, hermit crabs, the occasional blue crab, and sometimes small bait fish. That is until the frogman starts a digging'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom