Just Left Cozumel Today - Airport Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we came in a few days ago, a lady looked at my printed customs form closely, as if looking for something specific, then decisively said we will need to inspect all your bags and pointed to the table. No red/green button. She didn't even look at me so I'm wondering if they are doing something like going by last number of serial number, say "today all numbers ending in 1 or 5 get inspected"?

Weird. You do look suspicious.

Seriously was it after the xray? I have had that where the bags look weird. Bring someone a shrink wrapped stack of canned chicken once and see.

The first trip this year, the xray lady said 'Do you live here' We said 'Yes we have a home here.' She yelled down the line 'they live here' and we were waived on through.

I did remember the one trip to do the customs thing online before hand. That was nice to just hand them the sheet.

No one knows why it works the way it does....

Not sure, but the bags search was quick and half-hearted. Not like they were hunting for something in particular. They did ask if our big bags was all scuba and as I opened it I saud everything but this, and held up the bag of toiletries and sunscreens.

I have always found the customs people pleasant. Even in CUN when they made me pay duty on a $100 wash down pump.

No big deal but I've never seen them open a checked bag before. I'll put my underwear on top so they aren't marking which bags have the goodies.

I have... A ~70 year old cuban with about 1/2 the front end of a 57 chevy in spare parts and a slew of cheap toys and candy for his grand kids. They acted like the poor guy was terrorist... made him unwrap all this car parts, kids toys, etc... Had to spread everything out on the table, floor, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom