Just had lunch with...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken has a point... CSSP is really close to most folks.
We can dive, eat, have fun and save the planet too.
We all can bring spear guns to CSSP and hunt the Perch.

We've been feeding those little Sock Suckers Cheez Whiz and Ritz Crackers all Winter.
So.... they are all seasoned and they are ready to be fried.

That'll be good fun ! :D

Someone wake me up when we get there...:sleeping: um, I mean someone please remind me when ya'll finally pick a time and place to meet, so hopefully, I can hit the road and meet you there :D

Someone wake me up when we get there...:sleeping: um, I mean someone please remind me when ya'll finally pick a time and place to meet, so hopefully, I can hit the road and meet you there :D
Ditto...:wink:

O.k., looks like things started going south on the second page of this post. Let’s kinda try and get our minds around the concept again.

Looks like we may have a get-together in the making, now how we gonna do it?

Ken and I came up with this idea at lunch, and it was more of HIS idea than mine.

Good idea…something we ain’t done in a long time.

Some people want to go to Broken Bow or Murray, Ken has CSSP in mind for the economic matters.

Ken has had house flooding lately, but I guess that’s not nothing new for him.

Sooo…how we gonna do this? Myself, I’d like Broken Bow…it’s only about 45 minutes travel for me. But…how we gonna work travel for everyone?

I’ve heard offers of helping on the travel with someone carpooling with Ken to help out on the expense.

Myself, I’d prefer the lake thing instead of the big pond at CSSP. And when the water warms up so everyone…even the WWWPs (like me)….can take part.

It’s great that we’ve heard from Dee and Doug again…been a long time. Now can we hear from the Foo family, and others also?

So, how is this gonna work?

My vote is for Lake Murray…just ‘cause I ain’t been there yet.

I'm in for wherever and whenever......
Cssp is kinda a "been there, done that" but it would offer the most convenience as far as location, facilites, air fills etc. And most of the fun stuff will likely be above water anyway, Ya know, cookout and camaraderie,that kinda stuff.

Never been to Murray, never dove Broken Bow, but would love to. For those who've never been there, the area is gorgeous. Plus, spearguns are legal in OK.
Fresh fish for the fire! Ready to go hunting Frank? :D

I’ve heard offers of helping on the travel with someone carpooling with Ken to help out on the expense.

And vice versa...

I've been waiting for ya'll to pick a date before I posted whether or not we (Kunk35 and I) can go, cause April and May are completely full for us, and I wasn't sure when everyone else was going to want to meet up. June is completely open, July is partially open. (We're trying to plan a trip to dive Beaver Lake in Arkansas in July, if anyone else is interested.) August is probably not an option.
As far as where, our preference would be Murray, or Broken Bow, just for the fact that there are places there I haven't seen, but we could do CSSP too. No matter where we go, we're going to drive over an hour, and the entrance fee we would save not going to CSSP would just be spent on gas, so it really doesn't matter to us.

Rhonda

Well, if we're voting I'm gonna say Murray...and I'm happy to give 1-2 other divers a lift if they want it. Since I'm in Austin, I imagine I'll be driving close by several folks on my way. I'd be more than happy to split gasoline costs if someone else wants to drive.

Hi everyone and Welcome Back, Dee!!! I'm so glad you're home! Also, congrats to Zzz on the new little one, hope he'll report in soon.

My response to the upcoming shin-dig question is here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3470492-post20.html Whatever ends up happening, we will plan to be there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom