Just got some ring system dry gloves!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this a suit-mounted or seal-mounted system? If the latter, you can often insert the inner ring THROUGH the seal, rather than down the arm of the suit. If there is not enough room to slide the inner ring through the wrist of the suit, though, it often portends that the seal is smaller around than the ring is, and that means that the ring will keep the seal on continuous stretch. This results in rapid wear, so you have to keep a close eye on the wrist portion of the seal.

If this is a system where you can replace the gloves easily, you might want to try a variety of glove possibilities for best fit. I find that gloves that are too long in the fingers are HORRIBLE. The extra material gets caught in boltsnaps and makes clipping off primaries and SPGs a real pain. I use the orange Atlas 620 gloves, because they are shorter in the fingers than the blue ones are. They aren't quite as durable, but with my ring system, changing out a leaking glove is a 3 minute process in the field. I can buy the gloves at my local hardware store, so I always have a set in reserve.

Is this a suit-mounted or seal-mounted system? If the latter, you can often insert the inner ring THROUGH the seal, rather than down the arm of the suit. If there is not enough room to slide the inner ring through the wrist of the suit, though, it often portends that the seal is smaller around than the ring is, and that means that the ring will keep the seal on continuous stretch. This results in rapid wear, so you have to keep a close eye on the wrist portion of the seal.

If this is a system where you can replace the gloves easily, you might want to try a variety of glove possibilities for best fit. I find that gloves that are too long in the fingers are HORRIBLE. The extra material gets caught in boltsnaps and makes clipping off primaries and SPGs a real pain. I use the orange Atlas 620 gloves, because they are shorter in the fingers than the blue ones are. They aren't quite as durable, but with my ring system, changing out a leaking glove is a 3 minute process in the field. I can buy the gloves at my local hardware store, so I always have a set in reserve.

Good point, I just picked up two sets of Horizons EN 388. They are green in colour fit like a glove should, shorter fingers slim and have a bit longer wrist so the glove rings are not right at the wrist area all the time getting in the way. Also allowing me to wear my compass and computer on my wrist( glove) Paid 4.00 each. I'll give them a try and let you know.

Attachments

• PICT0057.jpg
    PICT0057.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 40
  • PICT0058.jpg
    PICT0058.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0062.jpg
    PICT0062.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 44
The system is a DUI SI 5 . The ring that goes inside the wrist is very rigid. I may have to do as was mentioned above & go through the latex seal. Yes, I am aware that it can cause quick deterioration of the latex seal. I will not leave the ring in for extended periods of time.

I find that gloves that are too long in the fingers are HORRIBLE. The extra material gets caught in boltsnaps and makes clipping off primaries and SPGs a real pain. I use the orange Atlas 620 gloves, because they are shorter in the fingers than the blue ones are. They aren't quite as durable, but with my ring system, changing out a leaking glove is a 3 minute process in the field. I can buy the gloves at my local hardware store, so I always have a set in reserve.

Might be an idea. I have wide hands with rather short fingers. It's hard for me to find any gloves that fit me properly.

You might try the Atlas 620s. I don't know that the hands are any wider, but the fingers are definitely shorter.

I have tiny hands -- the hospital where I used to do surgery had to special-order my gloves -- so finding gloves that fit me is a challenge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom