Just Got Back From Roatan And...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Curacao a few months ago. I was a little disappointed. It seemed like the place had been severely overfished.

Comments?

Curacao doesn't have a big fishing industry (or even a fishing industry beyond the old little wooden boat). Curacao doesn't have big animals (with some occasional exceptions) but is rich in medium to small size fish and macro critters. The reefs there are outstanding and shore access is one of the easiest in the Caribbean I have seen (and I have been to most popular dive destinations there). For me, Curacao is the best site for a low key dive vacation with beautiful accessible, easy shore diving. I am an U/W photographer and usually do macro and CFWA there. I have been there 13 times over the years (in addition to many other places in the world) and I'd go back in heart beat for the easiest healthy diving in the Caribbean.

I have been there 13 times over the years (in addition to many other places in the world) and I'd go back in heart beat for the easiest healthy diving in the Caribbean

It's great to have a place that you know and love to return to to dive and enjoy.

For me, it's Bonaire and Cozumel.

It's great to have a place that you know and love to return to to dive and enjoy.

For me, it's Bonaire and Cozumel.

I have been to Bonaire several times also and I prefer Curacao over Bonaire (with a very narrow margin). I'd go back to Bonaire in a heartbeat also. Curacao has easier shore diving access (no long hikes or steps or anything) and more pleasant beaches for after diving relaxation, etc. But it is a very narrow margin between the two and you won't have to twist my arm to go back to Bonaire, in fact, I'd make it a 3 week trip and visit both islands if I can :)

I have been to Cozumel once and I'd doubt that I'd go back there again in the foreseeable future, there are many more places in the world I'd go to before I'd go back to Cozumel.

I have been to Cozumel once and I'd doubt that I'd go back there again in the foreseeable future, there are many more places in the world I'd go to before I'd go back to Cozumel.

Cozumel, for me, has some of the most beautiful reefs and coral formations within a short flight. Palancar and Santa Rosa are epic. Drifting is fun, and there are many large fish too, which I like. I am not into macro stuff or photgraphy, so the overall scenery of Cozumel I find outsanding.

Cozumel, for me, has some of the most beautiful reefs and coral formations within a short flight. Palancar and Santa Rosa are epic. Drifting is fun, and there are many large fish too, which I like. I am not into macro stuff or photgraphy, so the overall scenery of Cozumel I find outsanding.

I am one of these annoying u/w photographers who would spend an hour in one spot photographing something that I find interesting and somebody who wants to be "independent" and dives mostly "solo."

I don't doubt what you said about Cozumel and it is very unique indeed. At least we agree on Bonaire :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom