Just Got Back From Roatan And...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cayman Brac (cheaper than Grand Cayman and less primitive than Little Cayman) or Cozumel. Curacao had some awesome reefs but while there was lots of smaller life (and a plethora of lionfish) not many bigger things - saw 1 grouper, 1 shark, 1 turtle the week we were there. food & accommodations were fabulous as was the dive op so was certainly worth it. Shore diving was good but thought Cozumel had it beat

Youtube says:
This video contains content from columbia. It is not available in your country.

We just returned last week from our first dive trip as a family!...My question for you is in all of your cumulative experience, where would be the next great place to go that is relatively affordable and great for kids? My daughter will be 11 next time we go, so still limited on her depths, but my son will be 15 and no longer considered "Junior" with SSI.

Dive Tech on Grand Cayman offers dive packages geared to kids and families, see the link below. GC is not an inexpensive destination, but you can usually find good prices on airfare and Dive Tech sometimes offers family specials, especially during the summer.

You can also save money by staying at someplace with a kitchen and preparing simple meals. Dive Tech will pick you up at several hotels including Sunshine Suites, which might be a good option for you.

Grand Cayman Scuba Diving Divetech.com

Youtube says:
This video contains content from columbia. It is not available in your country.

:rolleyes: I have no idea what that's about. My husband has looked into it--and no matter what I do to the video that is what comes up. Fuggedaboutit. It's not true. There is no content from columbia, Columbia or co-lum-bi-a.

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

content from columbia.

You can watch the video from here: Unblock YouTube Videos - SSL Encrypted Video Proxy Make sure you select the London server, so that the request Youtube gets isn't from the US, and paste in the video URL: https://www[ put the . here]youtube.com/watch?v=BK-_d1Bnuec

It certainly appears to be a video that you (your husband?) produced, so it is something you did. I don't know much about video editing and production, but being available through a proxy in England offers a clue. I think I know what the problem is, and it has nothing to do with South America. I suspect that the video does contain content from Columbia. Columbia Records. Youtube recognizes the music as Columbia's copyrighted property. The catch is that I've encountered plenty of videos where only the audio is disabled, which eliminates the copyright problem. I haven't watched the video yet. Will I find that you've included video that may be copyrighted by Columbia?

Either way, you probably need to remove part of the content if you want it to be easily available in the US.

You can watch the video from here: Unblock YouTube Videos - SSL Encrypted Video Proxy Make sure you select the London server, so that the request Youtube gets isn't from the US, and paste in the video URL: https://www[ put the . here]youtube.com/watch?v=BK-_d1Bnuec

It certainly appears to be a video that you (your husband?) produced, so it is something you did. I don't know much about video editing and production, but being available through a proxy in England offers a clue. I think I know what the problem is, and it has nothing to do with South America. I suspect that the video does contain content from Columbia. Columbia Records. Youtube recognizes the music as Columbia's copyrighted property. The catch is that I've encountered plenty of videos where only the audio is disabled, which eliminates the copyright problem. I haven't watched the video yet. Will I find that you've included video that may be copyrighted by Columbia?

Either way, you probably need to remove part of the content if you want it to be easily available in the US.

Thanks so much. I will go back and sort it out this week hopefully. Spring break has ended and real life is kicking back in...Less free time to edit videos. :cool:

I really enjoyed diving with my son at Cozumel. He got his OWC there with ProDive. They do two trips a day, the morning session generally to deeper locations and in the afternoon shallower dives. Each session has generally two dives so you can do 4 dives a day. They also do night dives. Can't wait to go back!

My wife and I dove Roatan in Feb 2016. We followed that up with a dive trip to Ambergris Caye, Belize last month. Very similar conditions and very affordable. Look into West End Divers.

I also second Cozumel. Still one of my favorite dive spots on the planet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom