Just fun, inquiring divers wanted to know..so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your statement is very easy, now that someone said that the tank was unuseable. Also, the tank was unuseable was mentioned after my complain, again, a nice and ellegant excuse.
Besides, I do not need to justify my statement.

Never forget folks, if there were a child laying on a train track in front of an oncomming train and someone pulled the child to safety....there would be someone who for whatever reason would find fault with the person's actions.

About half of those antics were no doubt preceded by the statement: "Hold my beer, I'm going to try something." :wink:

Sounds like great fun, and whether the gear was good to use or not - it was your property to play with, demolish, etc. It could have been nice to point out that the gear was not good to use in advance, and the quarry used had no fish or other animals that could have been hurt - it's hard to think of everything.

Damn tho, how did you forget to take pics & vids? Perhaps everyone was so involved in the fun that the idea slipped. Please do next time, ok?

NO alcohol is ever present at any training excercise. In fact, we sometimes use breathilizers to prove that everyone is sober despite ther're early morning appearances. However, after training, we see who can make those little numbers go highest on that breathalizer without needing to be taken to the local detox. Did I mention the firemen that scared me?
Good to hear. I'm sure that's a hard rule for you guys, but some wonder.
Our next fun trip will be at willow springs. Last time the campfire was about two stories high and we were able to roast marshmallows standing 20 ft away. But never fear. evidently bunker gear protects you when you decide to walk into the fire to rearrange some logs. (really really scary firemen whom I wish to medicate did this?)
You have got to start carrying a digital camera, large card - learn how to shoot video, etc.
(BTW) some of you will never be invited to one of our parties (which are awesome) until you save a life, watch someone die in front of you, or pull a child's body out of a pond and get to present it to awaiting parents. There are very few times everyone gets to have a little carthartic fun by "breaking things" and making loud explosions where no one dies. We can ship you some epoxy if you would like to put the items back together. As the thread states, for fun!
Not sure why you said it that way. I'm sure the vast majority of us greatly appreciate guys like y'all. :medal:
Never forget folks, if there were a child laying on a train track in front of an oncomming train and someone pulled the child to safety....there would be someone who for whatever reason would find fault with the person's actions.
And I really don't know what that meant? :confused:

Interesting that the aluminum cylinders failed in the 5000psi range -- how old and abused were they?

According to Luxfer the minimum burst pressure is 2.5x service pressure, or 7,500psi.

A delightful couple of posts . . . What a creative way to spend a training day!

Don't let the humorless get you down :)

About half of those antics were no doubt preceded by the statement: "Hold my beer, I'm going to try something." :wink:

The other half someone said, "hey, watch this!"

Did you add the disclaimer "don't try this at home?"

Actually, if any of you have children in need of a science fair project, any one of these would potentially produce a winner. Just so it's all in the name of science.

If I had access to that kind of "dead" quarry, I know what experiment I'd try.

We get these buckets at work; they're how the big dessicant packs are shipped to us. They're all-metal, with a clamping-ring lid that seals very well, and around a 6 gallon or so capacity. I would love to see just how big a dry-ice depth-charge one would make.

I figure it would work to put a cinder-block inside one, fill it with water almost to the top of the block, set the dry ice on the block so that it's out of the water while sealing the lid on, and then let it tip off the side of a boat, hence immersing the dry-ice in the water. I would need to make sure this arrangement would sink.

Needless to say, it would also be a boat capable of putting some distance between itself and the drop point.

I've seen the kinds of explosions 2 liter soda bottle dry-ice bombs make in pools. I'd bet one of those buckets would make a pretty impressive depth-charge.

Alas, available quarries are not that common around here.

Back
Top Bottom