Just found out our test results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brunow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We just got home from talking to the instructor and found out that the wife and I both passed the written test and both of the kids failed. The instructor is going to give them a week study and then let them retake the test. Then we are supposed to do our check out dives the 9th and 10th.

Did the instructor give any indication where the problem lies? Looking back on all of my classes - we reviewed and discussed the answers after testing was complete.

It should be a good chance to reinforce everyone's learning. When they are ready they'll move forward. Age and maturity aside learning styles vary as to presentation styles.

Just wondering.... In these situations is it the same test or are there alternate versions?

I think the is great that you are learning as a family. I suggest that at least you and your wife progress to rescue diver ASAP. With NAUI you don't even need to do AOW first.

Pete

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. :happywave: sometimes having to do a bit of extra work and study helps the youngsters understand the seriousness of the information.

It is great you are doing it as a family... that old saying is just as true with you alter it to.. the family that Plays together Stays together. It is great to have an activity to share and create great family memories!

The wife and I ran into the dive shop to pick up mask strap covers before we went to the pool to work on her nose breathing issue and we breifly spoke to the class room instructor as he was heading out to an appointment. I will be talking later today to find out if there were any specific areas that the kids did poorly on so we can really go over those parts at home and schedule their retake and review next week. I honestly thought that since they are both in high school that they would be used to taking tests and not have problem. They both finished the test about 15 miniutes before we did. I will admit that the test was harded then I expected it to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom