Just for laughs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I liked the soundtrack, but I didn't see a single diver with his tanks actually sidemounted--they were all just clipped off to the chest D-rings like stage cylinders.

They made a great case for why we need butt plates and bungees, but I don't think that's what they set out to do.

Oh dear - what more can I say - exactly why I haven't yet signed up for a side mount class, I haven't found one near me offering any different to this. There must be one somewhere - P

Sure these divers are doing it incorrectly but do you feel compelled to start a bunch of threads about it and encourage people to ridicule them? How would YOU like it if the shoe was on the other foot? Why don't you contact the dive shop in question and offer them a solution?

Cheers Andy - good links - I had come across Steve Martin (through his videos) but was not familiar with Gary - I hope to be able to sort something "official" out next year.

My main problem is they are not particularly close to where I am in the UK and at the moment I am flying every 14 days, spending two weeks in the near east, two weeks UK - which means my SO takes great exception when I am in the UK if I tell her I want to go away for a couple of days on a course. Day trips are fine, so I can dive locally and so on, but anything more requires I build up significant brownie points!

When I am abroad I have no such problem - basically if I am not working I can (and do) go diving - but I haven't found anyone in north Cyprus who seems to have any experience who I can train with here. - I'll see what Steve or Gary have got on for next year - thanks - P

Sure these divers are doing it incorrectly but do you feel compelled to start a bunch of threads about it and encourage people to ridicule them? How would YOU like it if the shoe was on the other foot? Why don't you contact the dive shop in question and offer them a solution?

I did't see anyone ridiculing the divers in the video, after all, why should they know any better? Pointing out poor teaching isn't ridicule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom